Seat Cracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat Cracks

So i have been riding my gs 550 for about two years now on it's original seat and have just noticed that it is starting to crack right under where i sit. is there any trick or secrets or tricks to stop or slow this?

Hi Mr. amontyg,

It sounds like it's time to replace your seat cover. You can read about my replacement on my website and read about Mr. bwringer's on his website. Then check out www.motorcycleseatcovers.com. I used the Travelcade Saddleman seat cover replacement.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by amontyg View Post
      So i have been riding my gs 550 for about two years now on it's original seat and have just noticed that it is starting to crack right under where i sit. is there any trick or secrets or tricks to stop or slow this?
      Don't buy the kits that are sold at wal-mart or auto zone they do not work, and don't waste your money ont the tube of vinyl repair either, just re-cover the seat it's cheaper in the long run.

Comment

Probably not. If it gets too bad try a Saddleman cover. Its not that hard to put one on. I bet you can get one at Dennis Kirk for less than $75. I got one years ago and its holding up well.

Go to Cliffs web sight to see how to reskin a seat. http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/

(edit.....never mind)
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Working...
        X