transformer for multiple 12vdc sources?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rudy View Post
    Duane and POS are dead right. I'd have said the same, but they beat me to it. If you're looking to power something else, why not just go off the battery, after the rectifier? Obviously you can't add much load such as aux. lights. Convert all your running lights and signals and gauge lights to LED and you may free up a little output power, but there's only so much to go round.

I've actually seen an XS650 with a chrome Chevy 350 alternator hooked up to it. I'm sure his generating capabilities are overkill for whatever lights he wants to put on. He somehow jimmy-rigged a belt drive off the left side of the engine. Looked....... interesting to say the least.

What is it you're going through for in school? I finished my program for electrical engineering technologist a few years ago. Work mostly with freq. drives now and lots of transformers, reactors, filters and cap banks.
    HVAC actually.

Comment

Hey Seuadr, Dont you have a rack on your bike ?

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
        Duane and POS are dead right. I'd have said the same, but they beat me to it. If you're looking to power something else, why not just go off the battery, after the rectifier? Obviously you can't add much load such as aux. lights. Convert all your running lights and signals and gauge lights to LED and you may free up a little output power, but there's only so much to go round.

I've actually seen an XS650 with a chrome Chevy 350 alternator hooked up to it. I'm sure his generating capabilities are overkill for whatever lights he wants to put on. He somehow jimmy-rigged a belt drive off the left side of the engine. Looked....... interesting to say the least.

What is it you're going through for in school? I finished my program for electrical engineering technologist a few years ago. Work mostly with freq. drives now and lots of transformers, reactors, filters and cap banks.
        I have seen honda goldwing owners putting car alternators on their rides in order to have the alternator start charging at 800rpms to 1000 rpm.

It does require modification but can be done. You can google it and a lot of info comes up on it.

Comment

Working...
        X