Difference between 700E and ES bar risers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference between 700E and ES bar risers

I just got my ES risers to put on my '85 700E (thanks Griffin) and I thought I would post a pic of the difference between the E and ES risers. I think it will make a big difference in the riding experience. I couldn't test it tonight because it's raining out and I don't ride in the rain, yet.

They lowered the bars about an inch and pulled them back about 10 degrees. They also angle downward quite a bit. It feels more natural to me than the way the ES risers were.

Very good of you to post that ..

Looks like a great mod for you.

Comment

do you or does anyone have a pic of the risers on the 700 e

Comment

I believe the left hand in the first post is the E and the right is the ES ..

Originally posted by sparkmaster123 View Post
        do you or does anyone have a pic of the risers on the 700 e

Comment

Good to know, I've got a set coming for my bike, was wondering what kind of differences there were. Thought they were just shorter.

Comment

mriddle is correct. Let me chime in as well on this...............I have an 84 750E and I have both the E and ES risers available to me.
            Its all a question of personal preference. I prefer the E rise myself (on the right in the picture) as this provides me with a more comfortable ride. The ES risers provide too much of a downward sharp angle and ditributes too much of my upper body weight onto my wrists to support.
            Even though I prefer the E risers because of their relative "flat angle" I think they would be even better about 1 or 2" lower..............akin to a superbike rise with regular tubular handlebars.
            Again, all about personal preference.
            They are just great motorcylcles those 83 to 86 750/700.

Comment

Working...
            X