Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simon wrote:

If so, should I keep the garage door closed
    Oh Please God do!!!! There could be small children within a hundred miles or so that would be devistated for life!! Traumatized more like it!! :P :P :P :P :P :twisted: :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelHoward
      Simon wrote:

If so, should I keep the garage door closed
      Oh Please God do!!!! There could be small children within a hundred miles or so that would be devistated for life!! Traumatized more like it!! :P :P :P :P :P :twisted: :twisted:
      I kind of like the wailing and gnashing of teeth...I get that when I wear the paisley thong! Leave the door open...let's the air circulate!

Hap
      I love the feel of cotton!

Comment

Originally posted by 1100ed
        its like that verywhere. i just priced a basket last week at my local suzuki dealer and the basket alone was almost 300 dollars american. I cant believe i sold my old basket still in good condition and usable for $35.00 Now I need one myself.
        $400 Canadian was for the whole clutch basket assembly, from Suzuki -- including the primary driven gear, the basket that holds the drive plates, and the damper springs. Your price, with the current exchange rate, sounds about the same -- it should be the whole assembly, as I can't see how they would sell the basket without primary driven gear & damper springs.

I wound up later replacing the clutch hub as well (a bit over $100), the driven plates (something like $9 a piece), and cltuch spring bolts.

Michael

P.S. Got my clutch back together last night, with all the new parts, and the rattle I heard before is gone... Guessing it was the damping springs, which rattled around even when I shook the clutch basket.

Comment

A side note, if you remove the 'C-clip' that retains the oil pump drive gear, replace it with a new one, also, any stamped clip such as these will have a sharp edge on one side and a rounded edge on the other side (from manufacturing) the sharp side should index in the direction of the applied force being retained, ie. facing you, I had my clip (which had been re-used) fall off, that allowed the oil pump drive gear to walk out and the oil pump drive pin then fell out, lost all oil pressure, trashed the head and both cams

Comment

Working...
          X