Big mistake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big mistake

I bought a cylinder a while back. I was so excited when I got it that I pulled out the pistons and now I don't know the order I pulled them out in. Nobody needs to tell me how dumb that was. Live and learn I guess. Can anyone tell me if I have them in the right order from the picture? I don't know if there is a standard 1-2-3-4 order that people mark, or if it could go in order from either front or back. That probably doesn't make sense. Any help for my mistake is greatly appreciated.

You have it right in the picture!!

Comment

The numbers are right (left to right) but 2 of the pistons look the wrong way round (back to front) - make sure your valve cutaways in the crown fit with your valves.
      79 GS1000S
      79 GS1000S (another one)
      80 GSX750
      80 GS550
      80 CB650 cafe racer
      75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
      75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

As your cylinders are now, the correct piston order is as you have them. Just make sure that you rotate #2&3 pistons 180 degs so that the valve pockets are orientated correctly.
        The road to hell is paved with good intentions......................................

GS 850GN JE 894 10.5-1 pistons, Barnett Clutch, C-W 4-1, B-B MPD Ignition, Progressive suspension, Sport Demons. Sold
        GS 850GT JE 1023 11-1 pistons. Sold
        GS1150ES3 stock, V&H 4-1. Sold
        GS1100GD, future resto project. Sold

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000001.jpg
        http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000581.jpg

Comment

There's an arrow on the top of each piston that should point to the front of the bike.

#2 and #3 are pointed the wrong way.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Thank you so much.

Comment

Working...
            X