750 to 850 horsepower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

750 to 850 horsepower?

I'm planning to go through my '77 750B this winter. I'm considering the Wisco 750 to 850 pistons. What sort of HP increase should this achieve? With the increased compression plus an extra 100cc? I'm looking to get it to 90-100hp somehow, any suggestions to get me there would be appreciated (short of selling it and picking up an 1150).

i'm not sure, but i get 98 horse from the 1100 8v. your 750 seems to have about 72 horse. and a similar year 850 is 77 horse. i'm guessing you won't be making the leap to 90 or 100.

Comment

Pods, pipe, headwork and cams-very possible.
      You need to open the wallet for 100 horses.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Much easier to pop in a GS1000 engine, work it up to the power you want.
        1000 engine is smaller and lighter than a 750 anyway.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tucker View Post
          I'm planning to go through my '77 750B this winter. I'm considering the Wisco 750 to 850 pistons. What sort of HP increase should this achieve? With the increased compression plus an extra 100cc? I'm looking to get it to 90-100hp somehow, any suggestions to get me there would be appreciated (short of selling it and picking up an 1150).
          I would suggest saving some bucks, and doing either what TKent suggests, which will fit in your frame, with some mount modification, OR looking for and buying 79 GS850 cylinders and pistons. They drop right on to the 750 block, no mods, the two bikes shared the same head (only for the 79 model 850) so no changed there, and you net 843ccs vs wisecos 844ccs. Might take a lil longer to find, but they are out there, and they can be had for much cheaper than the Wiseco kit. Degreeable cam sprockets are another suggestion for that particular bike, and if you WANT to spend money, get some high lift cams for it. Wiseco does make those as far as i know for that model head. Also, remember your rated 74BHP is rated at the crank, not at the wheel, i think you'll be hard pressed to get 100BHP at the wheel out of that motor without spending some SERIOUS dough as Chef says.

Comment

Cafe Kid, did you get my message about the 850 parts?

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
              Cafe Kid, did you get my message about the 850 parts?
              No? What msg?

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                Much easier to pop in a GS1000 engine, work it up to the power you want.
                1000 engine is smaller and lighter than a 750 anyway.

HA! Light? If you told me that last night I'd have smacked you right in the face! Just about had a freakin hernia lifting that 1000 up on the operating table! LOL! Haven't lifted too many 750's, now I don't want to try.

Comment

He did not say it was "light", only "lighter".

I don't know the exact numbers, but 260 pounds is lighter than 265, but I still don't want to pick it up.

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                    HA! Light? If you told me that last night I'd have smacked you right in the face!
                    Let me rephrase my comment...
                    1000 engine is smaller and less heavy than a 750 anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X