gs750e seat compatibility question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs750e seat compatibility question

I have a '80 gs750e and it is in dire need of a seat. I have found a possible donor from an '82 gs750e. The pan looks the same as the one I have, but my question is, does anyone know for sure if they are compatible? I know that the '80-'82 bikes had a lot of similar/same parts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (or, if you have a pristine gs750e seat you would like to sell , pls email me.)

Thanks

I really think they are compatible I know that 80 and 81 seat are. You know JC Whitney does sell a nice cover Cheap......I put one on my bike last year and it looks GREAT

Comment

Originally posted by Alwyn678
      I really think they are compatible I know that 80 and 81 seat are. You know JC Whitney does sell a nice cover Cheap......I put one on my bike last year and it looks GREAT
      I would do a seat cover, but the pan is in such bad shape, all rusted out. There isn't anything to attach the cover to. I am working on getting it back to stock. Have you got any pics of yours anywhere?\

UPDATE:

Just went to bikebandit.com and did a part lookup for 80-82.. their part number for a replacement seat for each of the years is the same. I am therefore assuming they are compatible. Thanks for the post.

Chud

Comment

Re: ...

Originally posted by chud271
        I would do a seat cover, but the pan is in such bad shape, all rusted out. There isn't anything to attach the cover to. I am working on getting it back to stock. Have you got any pics of yours anywhere?\

UPDATE:

Just went to bikebandit.com and did a part lookup for 80-82.. their part number for a replacement seat for each of the years is the same. I am therefore assuming they are compatible. Thanks for the post.

Chud
        Yo chud.......I live in Marietta as well actually in East Cobb.....We should go and ride sometime............Let me know when you are available..I head to the mountains all the time with a cool little group

Comment

UPDATE:

Chud
          Yo chud.......I live in Marietta as well actually in East Cobb.....We should go and ride sometime............Let me know when you are available..I head to the mountains all the time with a cool little group

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrow...selected=42028
          Me too, East Cobb. JF and Shallowford. Suprised I haven't seen your bike. As soon as I feel a little more confident in the reliability of my GS, I am totally for it. A new seat would sure make the ride better.

Ever done any work on the swing arm? I have the replacement bearings but I am a little leary of tearing it down. I have read some of the posts about it, and it doesn't seem too easy.

by the way, your seat looks great. hopefully I can find a good pan and do the same.

late...

Comment

UPDATE:

Chud

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrow...selected=42028
            Me too, East Cobb. JF and Shallowford. Suprised I haven't seen your bike. As soon as I feel a little more confident in the reliability of my GS, I am totally for it. A new seat would sure make the ride better.

Ever done any work on the swing arm? I have the replacement bearings but I am a little leary of tearing it down. I have read some of the posts about it, and it doesn't seem too easy.

by the way, your seat looks great. hopefully I can find a good pan and do the same.

late...
            Cool man we are neighbors....I live off 1-20 and Timberidge...(next to Timberidge Elementary School)....Probably about 3 miles or less from you. If you ever want to ride let me know!!

Comment

Working...
            X