new keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new keys

i just bought a 1984 gs1150. it only has 1 key. the code is # 108. can i still get a key from a suzuki dealer for a 1984 bike . thanks

The dealer will charge you for the blank and tell you to get it cut at a locksmith. Go straight to a locksmith and they will be able to talk care of it for you.
    1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
    The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

The last couple of times I went to a locksmith for motorcycle keys, I ended up with these gigantic ugly really long keys. They work, but they're the size of something I use in my Toyota, so they're on the wall as backups.

I'd order a blank from Suzuki and have a locksmith cut it to match.

There are also a couple of web sites and fleaBay sellers who have stocks of NOS pre-cut Suzuki keys. You have to email them with your three digit key code and they'll see if they have one in stock. Google around.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

The local locksmith here had small motorcycle keys, solid metal nothing flashy, but they were about the same size and only $5 for two of them

Comment

Working...
        X