Can you name this header ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you name this header ?

This is the only pic I have right now .. bought this sight unseen .. supposed to have been on a 1981 GS750E ..

Could be an old Kerker, V&H, or Mac. Ray.

Comment

I will try and get some better pics .. when I see it in person.

Thanks Ray

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
      Could be an old Kerker, V&H, or Mac. Ray.

Comment

I'd call it Fred.

Comment

Fred it shall be named ..

Comment

Dang it, Zooks, ya beat me to it.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I was going to say "let's call him George" (as per Looney Tunes) -

but considering GWB's popularity around the world I'd say George isn't such a popular name at the moment.

Fred is much better

Comment

Has the same shape as my old Kerker.
                That's about it though.
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

collector too large for a V&H, too small for a Yosh. From memory, kind of resembles a Kerker
                  1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Its a Kerker. OR MAYBE, but maybe an old Jardine, but Im going with Kerker. I have one almost like it but for an 8v bike. I will take some snaps tomorrow to compare....

Comment

Originally posted by mriddle View Post
                      This is the only pic I have right now .. bought this sight unseen .. supposed to have been on a 1981 GS750E ..

It looks to me like a custom fabbed "frankenpipe" resulting from the gobs of weld joining the header to the mid section? Most all pipes I know of utilize a slip/clamp fit at the mid section. Maybe it's a combination of a MAC and a Kerker, so we can call it a "Macker"

Comment

That makes sense too ..

Here is another fabrication, an oil gauge, that I noticed on the bike (just from pics, have yet to see the bike) ..

The wheels, tires suspension seat and all look totally stock.

Originally posted by Road_Clam View Post
                        It looks to me like a custom fabbed "frankenpipe" resulting from the gobs of weld joining the header to the mid section? Most all pipes I know of utilize a slip/clamp fit at the mid section. Maybe it's a combination of a MAC and a Kerker, so we can call it a "Macker"

Comment

Working...
                        X