Bigger valves for my '82 750?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bigger valves for my '82 750?

How much bigger valves can i put in my 750? Can I use some stock valves out of a different engine like a newer 750, 1100 or 1150? Is there an aftermarket alternative, like stainless? Would i need bigger seats or just machine the existing ones?

You cut the existing seats.
    I went with 1.5mm oversized stainless steel intake and stock exhaust.
    You can go much bigger. What do want to do?
    Open the wallet for bigger cams. You'll want to punch out the cylinders and ect............................................... .......................................
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

maybe this isnt the answer your looking for but...
      if you ship your head out for a semi-pro port and valves which is the biggest valves that will fit on your stock valve seats and the porting to match...
      it would be cheaper and more performance to buy an 83 1100e or a 84-86 1150e engine.
      plus the roller bearing engines dont stack bearings on a daily basis like the 80-82 750e suzuki's do.
      my .2 cents.

Comment

Chef: Is there a site that sells aftermarket valves? I cant seem to find one. Yes, I am thinking of bigger cams, but the wiseco kit is only 60cc bigger, doesnt seem worth the extra $3-400.
        I have looked and looked for a 1100 or 1150 engine, they seem quite rare and pricey if I could even find one.

Comment

kibblewhite black diamond valves don't forget valve springs!!

1.5 is almost too far to go on stock seats oversized. quickest way to hammer it out of the head casting and drop thru the piston.

anything is possible $$$$$$$$$ going fast is a economic issue.
          SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

one more thing the magic may be in the head but there is no replacement for more displacement.

after you spend all that money you still only have a 750. crank clutch transmission

dollar for dollar start with a bigger engine. that is money well spent.
            SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

you can talk to buzz at dynoman.com he will cut you custom valves but they will be about 45 bucks a pop for S.S, there is no suppliers out there for these old gs valves you need to get some custom cut.
              78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
              82 Kat 1000 Project
              05 CRF450x
              10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

An '83 750 has 25 mm intake and 21mm exhaust valves
                mine has 23mm intake and 20 mm exhaust.
                Anyone have an '83-85 750 head to part out?

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead13 View Post
                  Chef: Is there a site that sells aftermarket valves? I cant seem to find one. Yes, I am thinking of bigger cams, but the wiseco kit is only 60cc bigger, doesnt seem worth the extra $3-400.
                  I have looked and looked for a 1100 or 1150 engine, they seem quite rare and pricey if I could even find one.
                  Speed Merchant
                  http://www.gszone.biz

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead13 View Post
                    An '83 750 has 25 mm intake and 21mm exhaust valves
                    mine has 23mm intake and 20 mm exhaust.
                    Anyone have an '83-85 750 head to part out?
                    The heads are NOT the same....They are of a completely different design, and likely WILL NOT work with each other...

I hate to tell you man, but unless you're planning on spending bucu $$$$ on that, you're not going to get what you want out of the motor. And if you do, you're going to shell it in short order unless you have a pro set it up with the way that thing sucks at oiling anyway. So listen to the guys who have already gone thru this a hundred times, and GET A 1100E MOTOR, drop it in and be done with it....You'll find yourself going a good while before you want to start moding THAT from STOCK....and then, when you do, there are A THOUSAND more options with that motor, and it will take all you have to give it till you get into HUGE overbores and the like..

Comment

Originally posted by first timer View Post
                      you can talk to buzz at dynoman.com he will cut you custom valves but they will be about 45 bucks a pop for S.S, there is no suppliers out there for these old gs valves you need to get some custom cut.
                      Yup got mine from Buzz . Had to send him some old valves so they could measure the stems ect i

Comment

Working...
                      X