No announcement yet.

Crankshaft work for 82 GS1100e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 on Pearson for cranks. He did mine last winter. No BS, Honest guy.

Comment

Josh, when you degree the cams, make sure the bigger # is the EXHAUST cam. I have the V&H video. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
        Josh, when you degree the cams, make sure the bigger # is the EXHAUST cam. I have the V&H video. Ray.
        Yesir, knew that much...lol. Like I said, i have read the theory behind it, but dont have the tools, and certainly would rather leave it to the experts to do it. I know what kind of bad things can happen were i to screw it up.

Terry, if youve got the tools to do so, and the time, I would gladdly pay to have it done since you are local, and if you wouldnt mind i would love to watch it done as part of the learning experience.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
          Yesir, knew that much...lol. Like I said, i have read the theory behind it, but dont have the tools, and certainly would rather leave it to the experts to do it. I know what kind of bad things can happen were i to screw it up.

Terry, if youve got the tools to do so, and the time, I would gladdly pay to have it done since you are local, and if you wouldnt mind i would love to watch it done as part of the learning experience.

josh,
          see if you can aquire a copy of ray's video tape.
          the items needed to degree cams dont cost alot for the most part.
          1" sweep magnetic base dial indicator,degree wheel(bigger the better) and a positive stop for finding TDC.
          watch the video and get familer with the procedure and we can go from there.
          if your wanting me to degree your cam's, it will be later on this year maybe even into next year.
          my work area isn't in the best shape because of winter coming and me moving things into storage and making room here for my 32 ford ect..
          let me know if i can be of any help.
          that video tape is on the entire engine assy also.
          this is a great video by one of the smartest internal combustion understanding person's of our lifetime.
          terry

Comment

Working...
          X