Gas in the crankcase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas in the crankcase

My crankcase was so full of gasoline that it was weeping out the clutch pushrod hole!
    I drained the crankcase and removed the oil filter and plan to let it sit for a day to make sure it all drains out.
    The question is, how did all that gas get in there???
    Have I got something hooked up all kerwackie?
    Thanks in advance.
    Oh Yeah = 1983 GS750ES

It seems your float jets are faulty. Also could be the rubber o-ring that holds the needle jets in. Make sure you take a look at the petcock also as it must not be shutting off correctly.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Re: Gas in the crankcase

Your petcock is faulty and must be replaced or rebuilt. Even if your float needles were leaking and allowing fuel to seep past, they could not do so if the petcock was shutting off fuel as there would be no flow to start with.
      Its probable the fuel is getting into the crankcase through the vacuum line on the petcock and a leaking diaphram.

You can order a fuel petcock at
      CRC LAW FIRM GUIDE Contact Us CRC Law Firm Guide At CRC Law Firm, we are dedicated to providing exceptional legal services and personalized representation to our clients. With a strong commitment to integrity, professionalism, and achieving favorable outcomes, we strive to be your trusted partner in navigating the complexities of the legal system. Comprehensive Legal Expertise With a diverse …

Earl

Originally posted by jaesbow
      My crankcase was so full of gasoline that it was weeping out the clutch pushrod hole!
      I drained the crankcase and removed the oil filter and plan to let it sit for a day to make sure it all drains out.
      The question is, how did all that gas get in there???
      Have I got something hooked up all kerwackie?
      Thanks in advance.
      Oh Yeah = 1983 GS750ES
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I'm not that familiar with your particular bike, but before you rip into your petcock, seems like a good idea to ask -- was the petcock left on prime?

Michael

Comment

change out your petcock or replace the diaphragm on it. If your petcock has no diaphragm make sure it is off when you aren't riding it.

Comment

Working...
          X