No announcement yet.

How does your fuel gauge work???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My fuel gauge sits on full all the time, I had a quick look at the connections to the tank and they seem to be alright. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by herco
      mine works great, remove cap, move bike side to side listening for gushing sounds. Hasn't failed me yet.

Dave W
      I'll second that......was thinking about getting an electronic substitute, anybody add one of those?

Comment

My fuel guage actuall works well. Shocking as it may be for a fuel guage on a bike. 8O

Comment

My gauge works fine, same with other ones.

Comment

Originally posted by slopoke
            My fuel guage actuall works well. Shocking as it may be for a fuel guage on a bike. 8O
            Ditto.

Comment

Mines works pretty well, when it hits empty I have a few miles before it hits reserve. I'm not sure how long I have on reserve yet, I'm sure I'll find out someday though, the HARD way...

Comment

No problem with any of my gauges. Used to have a "faulty" connection at the bullet plugs, where you disconnect when you remove the tank, which usually gave a reading of 1/4 tank, regardless of whether tank was full or not. Cleaned them up, and has worked perfect since then.
                Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
                "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
                1982 GS1100E
                1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

Originally posted by frosty5011
                  No problem with any of my gauges. Used to have a "faulty" connection at the bullet plugs, where you disconnect when you remove the tank, which usually gave a reading of 1/4 tank, regardless of whether tank was full or not. Cleaned them up, and has worked perfect since then.
                  Funny avitar Frosty

Comment

Mine works great also. :twisted:

Comment

Working...
                    X