installing a 5.5" GSRX rim w/180-55-17 tire on a GS1100E rear swingarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

installing a 5.5" GSRX rim w/180-55-17 tire on a GS1100E rear swingarm

Has anybody done this? I used a GSXR 5.5 rim, A 180/55/17 tire, the GSXR caliper, gsxr caliper mount and the gsxr rotor. The tire fit on the swing arm but it only had about half of the travel for the chain adjustment. So I just took a inch off the support that is welded to the box channel, and doing that I have full travel for the chain. The only other problem was that the stock GS caliper linkage mounted on the top of the swingarm and the GSXR needed to have the mount on the bottom. So I talked to my friend, got a number for a welder about 4 miles for my house, and I drop the swingarm off monday nite. When I pick it up I will post some pics ASAP. oh-yeh the first time I slapped the tire on it had a 190/50/17 on it and that fit and I put the 180 to see if it looked better.

What are you doing on the front end ?

Comment

Do google search for Rob Wilton, he has done it, and documented it with sketches on his web site. Rob's also known as Katman if you want to wade through his posts on this site.

Comment

Here you can find out how I turned an old and stock motorcycle into something that can easily keep up with modern plastic and that also looks good too!

Comment

The front is of a 92 gsxr. The only thing in am worryed about exhaust from the front end drop, the bassani is a big pipe

Comment

Working...
          X