GS1100 onto GS1000 any one done it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100 onto GS1000 any one done it?

Firstly here in NZ we call the 2 valve suzukis GS and the 4 valve suzukis GSX.
    Wth that in mind has any body used GS1100 barrels and pistons with a GS1000 bottom end and head?
    I have read that it is possible but has any body here DONE it?
    What was involved?
    Was it a straight swap? etc etc
    My 1000 is an ET so it has the 34mm CV head, which I have read is the same as the GS1100.
    A big bore kit is not an option as the NZ dollar is low against the US and the cost of freight is a killer.
    Cheers

Two valve 1100 top ends fit, you only gain about fifty ccs since the 1100 had part of it's displacement increase in a longer stroke. So something around 1050ccs?
    Can't remember how the compression ratio would be affected.
    Gaining the use of CV carbs is worth the effort if that is what you want.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

16 valve motor bolts in! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
        Two valve 1100 top ends fit, you only gain about fifty ccs since the 1100 had part of it's displacement increase in a longer stroke. So something around 1050ccs?
        Can't remember how the compression ratio would be affected.
        Gaining the use of CV carbs is worth the effort if that is what you want.
        Thanks for the info
        I have the CV carbs now, and can get an 1100 motor cheapish.
        Things like the compression ratio and other bits and pieces are the info I am looking for. So I can decide if it is worth doing.
        Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
          16 valve motor bolts in! Ray.
          I know mate and if I could find one down here it might be the go! but there arent that many around, lots of the GSX motors were used in speedway sidechairs and are now either knackered or to wild for the road
          Cheers

Comment

as tkent said, the 1100 had a change in bore as well as stroke
            dunno the numbers myself but a good mate "colin green" on this site has an 1100 and all the service manuals, shoot him a pm if you like, i'm sure he'd be happy to help

btw, if you end up going that route, i might be interested in some 1100 engine parts (that you may not need)
            Last edited by psyguy; 10-29-2008, 04:30 AM.
            GS850GT

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Psyguy.
              I will let you know if I head down this road mate.
              Cheers

Comment

There was just a GS1000S for sale on Ebay in New Jersey with that set up.

Also see this post apparently that bike was owned and built by a GS member, might want to PM him.
                Last edited by isleoman; 10-29-2008, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Cool, thanks for that isleoman
                  Cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X