Case guard compatibility GK to E model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Case guard compatibility GK to E model

Does anyone know if engine case guards from an '82 GS1100GK will fit an '83 GS1100E? I know there are frame differences between the chain and shaft drive models but don't know if the engine mounts are different.

Thanks in advance for any answers,
    Joe
    IBA# 24077
    '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
    '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
    '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

what are you getting old joe and don't trust yourself. Maybe next you will be wanting floor boards

I would buy them and see if they fit engine gaurds good pretty quicl on ebay so that shouldn't be a problem.
    78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
    82 Kat 1000 Project
    05 CRF450x
    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Originally posted by first timer View Post
      what are you getting old joe and don't trust yourself. Maybe next you will be wanting floor boards

I would buy them and see if they fit engine gaurds good pretty quicl on ebay so that shouldn't be a problem.
      Yep, that's what I figure but I'd like to know if they fit anyway. They may or may not go on the bike but they would be nice to have since they don't become available too often.

Joe
      IBA# 24077
      '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
      '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
      '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Dunno if this helps, but the 850+ shafties all used the same mounting points, and in fact, these engine guards are still available new.

I know the engine guards for the chain and shafties would be different; I don't know how different they are, or if the shaftie engine guards could be adapted to fit the 1100E.

I can get you some measurements and photos tonight...
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

They don't fit right out of the box. That doesn't mean that they can't be made to fit with some fabricating though.

Like Brian said, case guards for the GS850, 1000, and 1100 G models are still available from retailers, generally for about $120.
          sigpic

SUZUKI:
          1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
          HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
          KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
          YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Working...
          X