Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, my problem is NOT the cam chain itself, but cam timing..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The valves are going to move as the cam actuates them. This does not mean the are moving at the correct time. I believe Don is correct that you jumped time due to loose/faulty cam chain tension. That could mean the hard spot is now due to the valves hitting the piston due to incorrect valve timing or it could be as the result of bending a valve. It could be a combination of both things.

Earl

[quote="Dave_A"]
    A) If the valves move properly (couldn't see in the poorly lit garage... I'll check tomorrow, in daylight), does this mean they're not bent???
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

I hope things work out for you but I had mine jump twice once was bad cam chain tensioner at 4000 rpm ...............8 new valves ( i think, it was 14 years ago) second time was a bolt from the coil wich made its way into the cam chain tunnel without my knowledge.......................complete vave job and lots of new valves ( cant remember how many) but that happend between shifts at under 2000 rpm so I hope im wrong but it doesn't look good.

Comment

Working...
      X