hydraulic clutch lever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hydraulic clutch lever

Just wondering if anyone has converted their old clutch cable into a hydraulic setup? If you have could you tell how you set it up and where you got it.

To be honest with you it wouldn't be worth the effort. My GSX-R has a hydraulic clutch and the pull on the my GS700 cable actuated clutch is lighter than the GSX-R.

Comment

replace the old cable with a new one and lube it up with some moly lube before you install and see if that helps.

the Hydraulic stuff is a big PIA and i don't think anyone here has done it.
      78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
      82 Kat 1000 Project
      05 CRF450x
      10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

You have a lot more clutch control with cable, like said install new OEM cable. Check to make sure someone didn't put heavy duty springs in it.

Comment

I remember seeing a write-up on a hydraulic conversion, but I don't remember if it was on this board.

What I do remember about it was that the guy had to do a LOT of fabrication and adaptation, then admitted it might have not been worth the effort. I think he did it as part of a school project, so it was worth the grade that he got.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

What they said. Why would you even think of such a thing???
            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

I have been considering a swap to hydraulic, my reason is with clip ons the cable routing has been horrible. Primarily due to the cable being too long.
              The parts I am selecting are ZX12R master and late model Suzuki slave, probably from a Busa since I have a few of them.
              Reason for the Kawi master is that it still has a mirror mount on it.

I was hoping to get this done this fall but my playtoys need to go back in the shed cause I am getting very busy with paying work.
              I think I will collect some later model clutch cables over the winter an see if I can get a suitable length one to do the job.

Comment

There is a company that makes a kit to convert to a hydralic clutch but i have not seen it for older bikes. Sorry i can't remember the name but do a search for it on google and you should find it.

Comment

I have seen some hydraulic cable kits. Looks interesting as a retrofit. The ones on ebay are marketed for pit bikes. Are there more substantial one out there?

Comment

Working...
                  X