batt light 84 gs1150es

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

batt light 84 gs1150es

is my batt light on my 84 gs 1150 es a charging system light and a low batt fluid warning light ? it was on when i got the bike becouse the last owner put in the wrong battery . as mentioned here [ thank you ] i put the wire to my pos batt post and the light is out. if my charging system stops charging will this same light come on /.

It has nothing to do with the charging, it only senses low water in one cell of the battery.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
      It has nothing to do with the charging, it only senses low water in one cell of the battery.
      True, but I like the idea of turning it into a low voltage warning light. I bet one of the electronics guys around here could throw together some relay / zener diode combo to make it work. When your battery goes below 13.5vdc the relay connected to the light opens and the light comes on. or something....
      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
        I have a 85GS1150. My battery light was on all the time.
        My manual says:
        Battery Electrolyte Level Sensor
        Check the voltage between the level sensor lead and minus (-) terminal of the battery. If the specified voltage (over 3.0 V (DC)) is not observed, replace the level sensor.

In my case - no sensor. I put a piece of electrical tape over the light. Someday I will remove the bulb - or it will burn out.
        85 1150E

Comment

mine doesnt work
          GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

Working...
          X