pingel fuel valves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pingel fuel valves

I was browsing pingel's site and noticed that the fuel valve listed for the japenese bikes are all dual outlet does anyone know if they make a single outlet valve with reserve because that is what i need.

Thanks in advance

Tim

Re: pingel fuel valves

Originally posted by flyboy3826
    I was browsing pingel's site and noticed that the fuel valve listed for the japenese bikes are all dual outlet does anyone know if they make a single outlet valve with reserve because that is what i need.

Thanks in advance

Tim
    Yes they do make a single outlet with a reserve. That is what I am running on my 750. I bought it from a performance shop out of Fla......

Comment

i think the simple solution is to order the valve components. First measure the distance between the 2 mountig screws(center to center). ORDER THE MOUNTING BRACKET WITH THE CORRECT SPACIN.then i think all the pingel valves will screw into that mounting bracket. If I remember correctly, sometimes ordering those valves by bike application has produced errors for some of the guys.

Comment

Pingel

I'm getting to be somewhat of an expert regarding Pingels as a result of the problems associated with installing one on my bike...if you've got an '80 GS750L, I'm the guy to talk to. I'm going to write a post after I get it all figured out and...I'm getting close. I've been in touch with the folks at Pingel a number of times and have learned a lot about making these things work for any application. My gas tank's sitting in my living room but should be back on the bike in a day or so....(waiting for some epoxy !)

Meanwhile, 6211-XX is probably the one you'll want. It's a single outlet with reserve and the outlet faces to the right when you're sitting on the bike. Substitute a 4 for the six (i.e. 4211) if you want it to face backward and substitute a 1 if you want it to face forward.

Replace the X's with C for crhome and R for round if that's your preference (i.e. 6211-CR). If you like the hex shape, use 6211-CH. If chrome doesn't "spin your prop" substitute an A for a C (i.e. 6211-AH) and save about $7.50.

I hope this helps !!
        1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

By the way...

By the way....the "A" stands for brushed aluminum. :roll:
          1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Working...
          X