Extra Instrument Bulb Socket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra Instrument Bulb Socket

Was replacing the fuel gauge bulb and noticed an empty bulb socket just hanging below the cluster. I beleive that I have all lights working now so I'm at a loss to figure out where this came from. It's inline w/ the fuel gauge bulb but looks like it would fit somewhere at the bottom of the cluster. Have Neutral and Turn bulbs working. Do either Speedo and Tach have more than one bulb?

This cluster is what mine looks like --

It's been a while since I have been into the back of the gauges, but I do believe there are two bulbs in each of the large gauges.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      It's been a while since I have been into the back of the gauges, but I do believe there are two bulbs in each of the large gauges.

Will check it out - thanks.

Comment

Ok - just looked - tach and speedo each have only one bulb - no empty holes in back. (Tach also has bulbs for brights and oil pressure)

This socket is on the same wiring as the fuel gauge bulb - green/white and orange.

More thoughts?

Comment

Looked at the parts fiche and it shows your center pod should only have 3 sockets .. gauge turn and neutral

Comment

Originally posted by mriddle View Post
            Looked at the parts fiche and it shows your center pod should only have 3 sockets .. gauge turn and neutral
            Yep - that's right. Hence the question.

Comment

Working...
            X