No announcement yet.

YOSHIMURA 4-1 Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually that bottom core looks like the one I had in a Yosh megaphone a number of years ago. the header tubes on it were bashed so I discarded them I kept the can in the basement for years. I may still have it but if I do it is at our old house in St. Louis. I will probably be back there over thanksgiving so if you don't have this rectified by then I'll look for it. I can tell you ir isn't an exact match to the pipe you have but it may work. On mine the baffle endcap actually fit over the outside of the can not inside like yours currently is.
    I do not believe it is a Kerker. I also had a Kerker in the same time frame as the Yosh Mega. the Kerker has a coned endcap but the edges are sharper and it fits inside the pipe not over it.

If you havent resolved this by the week of thanksgiving PM me as a reminder to look.

Comment

Originally posted by 76FJ55 View Post

If you havent resolved this by the week of thanksgiving PM me as a reminder to look.

Will do!

but dog-on I will do my best to have it resolved by then. This thing is stupid loud..... and will not pass inspection in it's current condition. I think I have 30 days to get it inspected...ppffftt.

Though I didn't get my 650 re-inspected this past year. it's registered, just not inspected. sshhhhhh. ... I hate that in PA they have to ride your bike to pass inspection. ya know how it feels to have a stranger beat your bike hard for a 15 minute ride.....NOT COOL.

Comment

A couple links that may help.....

For over 65 years, Hideo “Pops” Yoshimura and his namesake company have designed and produced the finest exhaust systems in the world.

Tony.
        '82 GS1100E

Comment

Mysuzyq

You beat me to it. Oh well here is a link to using Stainless Steel wool for wrapping the exhaust baffle.

Pos

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
            You beat me to it. Oh well here is a link to using Stainless Steel wool for wrapping the exhaust baffle.

Pos
            I believe I saved them off of one of your older posts, so all credit goes to you, sir!

Tony
            '82 GS1100E

Comment

seen my YoshiMuzzy?

Tony Thanks,
              I guess I could mention that I did finish repacking my GSXR Muzzy can with a Yoshi RS-3 baffle and SS wool I got both off of e-bay. It was a little tough to cut that baffle as it was not any kind of mild steel I've seen before. Very hard metal that was a chore to cut even with a diamond tipped Makita blade(no way to do it with a hack saw). I'll post up some pics of the fit a little later.

Pos

Comment

Originally posted by 76FJ55 View Post
                Actually that bottom core looks like the one I had in a Yosh megaphone a number of years ago. the header tubes on it were bashed so I discarded them I kept the can in the basement for years. I may still have it but if I do it is at our old house in St. Louis. I will probably be back there over thanksgiving so if you don't have this rectified by then I'll look for it. I can tell you ir isn't an exact match to the pipe you have but it may work. On mine the baffle endcap actually fit over the outside of the can not inside like yours currently is.
                I do not believe it is a Kerker. I also had a Kerker in the same time frame as the Yosh Mega. the Kerker has a coned endcap but the edges are sharper and it fits inside the pipe not over it.

You may be right, the baffle in my what i believe to be a Kerker has been cut down a bit from stock and bent over slightly. I will try to get some pics. The header to collector section is REALLY long compared to most of the pipes i have, and its HUGE at the collector. It needs some cleaning up, but i think it will work great for the 78 750 superbike project i will eventually get going...

Comment

Gentleman, fantastic links! Just read through Hoomgars DIY with steel wool. Great to know! I also checked cyclewareables out really quick....what a selection! I appreciate all the help!

Comment

as promised here are the pics of the yosh baffel

from my 3.5" yosh megaphone

like someone said you will need to drill out the rivets so the baffel can slide past other wise it will get hung up on it. Also your not going to be able to push the baffel out from the back side. You will need some sort of L or hook shaped peice of metal you can stick through the baffle and hook the inside of and then just use it like a slide hammer and drive the baffel out.
                    78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
                    82 Kat 1000 Project
                    05 CRF450x
                    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
                      A complete system will fetch a pretty penny. If I were you I would try to get someone to measure the midpipe diameter on a Kerker to see if it would work. I used to have one on my bike but I sold it when I got my Yosh Duplex.

This is who bought my Kerker, http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/member.php?u=90 . He might still have it if you PM him to get a measurement.
                      Hey Billy, I do still have it, and still use it. 2.5 inches is the diameter.

Comment

Originally posted by lhanscom View Post
                        Hey Billy, I do still have it, and still use it. 2.5 inches is the diameter.
                        Nice hearing from you Luke, and good to see it's still giving you good service.

Comment

I'm running an original Kerker header/megaphone,
                          and the O.D. of the collector 2.950"(just measured it so I could buy a nice S.S. T-bolt clamp for it)...so the I.D. of a tailpipe/muffler would have to be right around 3.00".

Comment

Maro will be bringing this beast to my house on Sunday and we will resolve the issue. I can fix anything.
                            1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                            1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by duaneage View Post
                              I can fix anything.
                              The Economy is waiting for you my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman View Post
                                The Economy is waiting for you my friend.
                                Don't get me started, that's for off topic.

My neighbor has welding equipment and he re-welded the exhaust cans on a Yamaha 500 Virago. Did a great job, they look great. I can cut new pieces and we will build a new baffle for it since it may not be easy to get new parts ( nor cheap)
                                1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                                1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Working...
                                X