wall mart oil filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wall mart oil filter

does wall mart sell a oil filter that fits a 84 gs 1150 es ?. can never find a cataloug at wall mart for bike filters . a PN would be great. thanks

I believe it's the Fram CH6001, if I remember correctly that the 1150 has that odd four lobed o-ring like the other 16 valve models. The quality of the o-ring is rather suspect on Fram filters, and the filter is sort of an unknown, but there you go.

For the GS850 and other models with the 3-lobed o-ring, the Fram CH6000 is what you need.

I'm pretty sure that both are the same filter; they just come with different o-rings.

Advance Auto parts also carries these Fram filters. Personally, I would much rather use filters from Napa -- they're made by Wix, and are much better quality. Most Napa stores carry a few, or they'll be happy to order some for you.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

the joy of owning a old motorcycle, i tried auto zone, orileys and wall mart. no oil filter. drove 8 miles to a suzuki dealer dope. his computer said they had 4 but he could not find one.

Comment

*chuckles* , walmart....

sorry, american stereotype, the TV told me.

Comment

O'Reillys and Autozone do not carry motorcycle oil filters.

Advance and Napa are the only auto parts stores I know of that do. This time of year, Advance is iffy. (Depending on where you are, Advance may be called Kragen, Schucks, Checker, or Murray's auto parts).

In the summer, you may be able to get Purolator motorcycle oil filters at Pep Boys, but that's also chancy.

Napa usually has them, or can get them in for you in a day or two. I usually just order four at a time.

The Suzuki stealership -- that's just insanity. You'll never find them there. Or if by some miracle they have a filter, they won't have the o-ring.

Independent (aka not exclusively Harley) motorcycle shoppes normally carry these filters as well, usually Fram or HiFloFiltro.
          Last edited by bwringer; 11-03-2008, 07:21 PM.
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by not a biker View Post
            does wall mart sell a oil filter that fits a 84 gs 1150 es ?.
            Could probably go to Bangladesh to save a few bucks on open heart surgery too, but would it really be a good idea?
            Get a good filter, they are cheap.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Cheap enough at Z1 enterprises... I buy 10 at a time for a discount. No need to change the o-ring that often in my experience... just switch it out when it starts looking beat up. An OEM one is about $2.

Dan
              1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I order Suzuki o-rings whenever I order parts for some other reason, and change the o-ring once per season.

I generally use the filters from Napa -- I've used the Fram filters in a pinch, but Fram is so famous for making junk that I really hate using them. Side by side with a Suzuki or Wix/Napa filter, you can really see the lousy quality.
                Eat more venison.

Comment

IMO going to Wal-Mart for anything is wrong. The Advance Auto Parts, Car Quest, Napa and Suzuki dealer here all have the oil filter for my cycle, AAP was the cheapest followed by the dealer, amazingly and Car Quest was the most.

Comment

Ebay FTW on some OEM filters.

Works out to $5.75 with shipping, not bad.

If there's a Cycle Gear store in your area they'll have the right size K&N filter as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff4130 View Post
                      IMO going to Wal-Mart for anything is wrong.

+1

Great, now I know where to go for filters in the future. Got both NAPA and Advance right near me.

Comment

I avoid Wal Mart like the Plague. Everytime I go there I see the bottom of the gene pool wandering around with their spawn. It makes me very sad to think that I am paying taxes to support those people and that Wal Mart buys from China to sell them cheap stuff at a cheap price. If it means paying a couple extra bucks I will gladly do it to keep the money out of Wal Mart's pockets. Everything they sell you can find at another store that isn't a drain on our communities.

Comment

I've got about a dozen filters in a drawer. Some of them off the shelf at Advance and the others ordered for me through Advance.

Comment

I have never had problems with the fram, The K&N looks the same except the red color of the filter material K&N pn KN-133 comes with both styles of O ring

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                              O'Reillys and Autozone do not carry motorcycle oil filters.

Advance and Napa are the only auto parts stores I know of that do. This time of year, Advance is iffy. (Depending on where you are, Advance may be called Kragen, Schucks, Checker, or Murray's auto parts).

In the summer, you may be able to get Purolator motorcycle oil filters at Pep Boys, but that's also chancy.

Napa usually has them, or can get them in for you in a day or two. I usually just order four at a time.

The Suzuki stealership -- that's just insanity. You'll never find them there. Or if by some miracle they have a filter, they won't have the o-ring.

Independent (aka not exclusively Harley) motorcycle shoppes normally carry these filters as well, usually Fram or HiFloFiltro.
                              Strange...the oil filter is about the only thing my local Suzuki shop had. That, and TWO exhaust gaskets. That really surprised me, since the part crosses with about two dozen other bikes.

The Advance by me (Western WI) carries only Purolator filters...they must be really inconsistent everywhere.

My $0.02: a crappy filter from Wal-Mart will probably still be better than a filthy one. Just change your oil early next time with a better one that you found in the meantime.

Comment

Working...
                              X