GS 1100G rear end change.....!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 1100G rear end change.....!

Not sure if any one can shed any light on my dilema, I've got a early GS1100G. Is there any way I can change the shaft drive to chain. or fit a newer 3 spoke shafty wheel.... any help would be greatly recieved.
    I know I could just change the engine but the one I've got is like new and I'm having a new frame built for it
    Cheers
    Milo

As far as making change You are out of luck. You would have to have a custom wheel made $$$$$$. You can not make a chain drive motor out of a shaftie motor. The Chain and shaft Frames are different, so you can't just put a chain motor in your bike

Comment

Found a way around my problem

Cheers for your help anyway, but I've found a way around it..... a friend just sold me he's 85 GSX1100R so I'll use the engine out of that for my project instead.
      One happy chap....lol
      Cheers again
      Milo

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
        As far as making change You are out of luck. You would have to have a custom wheel made $$$$$$. You can not make a chain drive motor out of a shaftie motor. The Chain and shaft Frames are different, so you can't just put a chain motor in your bike
        I would wonder why someone would make the huge effort, but I did see the oddest thing at a hillclimb a couple weeks ago - a Yamaha XS750 triple (~'79) hillclimber with chain drive. I have one of those rugged beasts, but cannot figure why anyone would make the effort to make a hillclimber out of one.
        "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...dStatesMap.jpg

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Working...
        X