GS650 Seat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS650 Seat?

I need a new seat for my GS650 - the current one is beyond repair as the underside is very rusty and even one of the front lugs has fallen off. There was a time when you could buy replica seats, anybody know where I can source a new seat? Its a working bike so it doesn't have to be original, just fit! Nothing on e-bay currently.

do the seats off 550's fit 650's? if so i have one but it needs recovered.
    I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
    http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/...Picture003.jpg 1982 GS850G

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/...n1/Picture.jpg 1980 GS1100L

Comment

Originally posted by kparkfan View Post
      do the seats off 550's fit 650's? if so i have one but it needs recovered.
      I've been looking at that possibility and there is a GS550 seat on e-bay here in the UK. I think the problem is that over the years different fittings were used. My GS650 requires 2 lugs at the front and a latch thing at the rear (key operated from the tail piece). I guess even with the correct fittings then their distance apart may be different :-(

Comment

If you find that a replacement Suzuki seat is not in the offing, there have been a few threads here recently on building your own seat base, everything from possible wood bases through fibreglass (using the original as a mold), and metal. Once built, the seat padding and cover, if in reasonable shape, could be transferred over.

Just go to the Search function at the top of the page of the Forum.
        Last edited by Guest; 11-06-2008, 02:46 PM.

Comment

I have one....

I have a very nice seat for as I recall a 81/82 550L that I got off Ebay. It won't fit my 1980 1100L or 1000L or 750L...DANG!!! It's available although I paid a pretty price for it. It has 2 lugs in the front and a locable lug for the rear.

Comment

I think it will depend on which model you have. The GS650L or GL might use the same seat as the GS550, but the GS650G and GS650E use a different seat. I've been looking for a replacement seat for a GS650G for a while and they don't come available very often.

Comment

Originally posted by XTlegend View Post
              I need a new seat for my GS650 - the current one is beyond repair as the underside is very rusty and even one of the front lugs has fallen off. There was a time when you could buy replica seats, anybody know where I can source a new seat? Its a working bike so it doesn't have to be original, just fit! Nothing on e-bay currently.
              There is one on EBay tonight,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1982-Suzuki-GS650-GS-650-seat_W0QQitemZ130267158428QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotor cycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item130267158428&_tr ksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A727|65%3A12|39%3 A1|240%3A1318

Don't know if its better than yours, but there's no rips in the top, some rust on the pan, but looks usable-no bids on it yet .

Comment

I have an extra 82 650L seat. pretty nice shape. Pay for shipping and you could have it, Bob

Comment

I just completed a cafe conversion of a 1981 GS650G. I won't be needing the seat, among other things. If you want it you can have it, if you send money for shipping. Let me know if you need it. Kelly O'

Comment

Originally posted by pkbjamn View Post
                    I just completed a cafe conversion of a 1981 GS650G. I won't be needing the seat, among other things. If you want it you can have it, if you send money for shipping. Let me know if you need it. Kelly O'
                    Thank you all for info and offers. If any of you with spare seats could take a picture of the uderneath with say a tape measure along side so I can estimate the spacing of fittings ect then that would be great. Please send to xtlegend@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
                    X