Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all of your feedback.

Nessism,
    We always broke the bolts or nuts loose before re-torquing to ensure that corrosion and such did not result in a false reading. We also followed recommended torque sequence when tightening things back up.

Comment

Plan on synching the carbs after you adjust the valves. If you are going to be doing preventitive maintenance yourself, I consider a carb synch tool a nessecity.
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by chuckycheese View Post
        I may be a sissy but I think messing with those head bolts when nothing is apparently wrong and you have no leaks....is just asking for trouble.

What could you possibly have to gain?
        I always re-torque the head bolts when I do a valve adjustment. I don't know if the manual told me to do so or I just got into the habit on my own accord.
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
          Plan on synching the carbs after you adjust the valves. If you are going to be doing preventitive maintenance yourself, I consider a carb synch tool a nessecity.

Any recommendations on which carb sync tool to buy?

Comment

Here is just one post of the many that you will find if you search the forums re: carb synch tools

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

Comment

Working...
            X