drag bike motor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drag bike motor question

I am in the process of building a drag bike with my dad.I read in a magazine where a guy
    Used a 1100 crank in a gs 1000 case but I don’t know if he was talking about a crank out of a 4 valve 1100 or a 1100g two valve motor crank. the 1100g crank has a 2mm longer throw over the stock 1000 crank.
    He also used the head off of a 1100g stating the ports are bigger to compensate for the shaft does anyone have any knowledge in this matter thanks anthony

Can't help you with the crank issue, but I have a guess on the head/port issue.

When Suzuki went to CV carbs in 1980, carb throats were bigger than the VM carbs they replaced. The ports in the head were correspondingly larger to match.

Is it possible he was talking about putting a 1980 head on 1979 cylinders?

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

The best crank to use would be 1000 2v 1100 4v early one with roller rearings later had plane bearings what engine do you have

Comment

kind of off the point but, i think you'll find the best starting point for a drag bike motor is a stock 1100 16v

ask "rapidray", he builds them all the time
        GS850GT

Comment

I don't know for sure about the crank swaps on the 8 valvers. Trippivot is the one to ask there but a 16 valver WILL bolt into your bike & there are WAAAAAYYY more hot rod parts available for the 16 valvers than the 8 valvers anymore. Ray.

Comment

life is a DRAG bike

I have two gs1000 bottom ends one 78 and 79, both have welded cranks and clutch hubs, one has a strait gear and a cut trans. I also have
            one 1100 two valve shaft drive bottom end and a extra crank. I have two gs1100 two valve cylinders and two 1100 two valve heads I have one complete gs1000 motor. i have three mtc 13.5-1 pistons that fit in one of the 1100 two valve blocks (i talked to the mtc guy at atco and he said he might be able to match it up )I also have a weisco 1000 to 1100 piston kit (this one was bought in the early 80's nos stock deal from a old suzuki shop this summer.) I have a set of vm-29 smooths and a set of 36mm rs that is it for parts if you want to see any pics give me your email thanks anthony

Comment

Working...
            X