• Show
Clear All

Gauges look correct to me ?? standard & L models have different gauges

Comment

gauges are the same is my 80 850 L

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
        Gauges look correct to me ?? standard & L models have different gauges
        I stand corrected, I did not know that. this is the Cluster on My old 1980 GS850G.

sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

age weight etc

first of thanks for all the help and that link to the article about buying a fixer bike was good to read. for the person who asked my stats I'm 23 190lbs 6'2"

Comment

850s are smooooth bikes bro. you'll like it.

Comment

Originally posted by dspjunk View Post
              I'm 23 190lbs 6'2"
              DSP,

Again, the bike looks to be in great all stock condition, which is rare. Is worth the asking price. Lesser bikes have sold for more.

Dont want to start an "L" verse a "G" argument. Sit on it, see how you fit. If you like the bike, get it. Can change the bars later if your arms are too bent and it is too tireing for you on longer distance. Ah, heck, you are young, you can deal with it. Get that bike.

What part of the country, in general, are you located? Folks here can tell you where there might be a GS get-together in your part of the country.

Last edited by Redman; 11-08-2008, 04:23 PM.
              http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
              Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Well, have you bought that bike yet? It won't wait for you forever...
                Last edited by Guest; 11-08-2008, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hikermikem View Post
                  Man, I gotta get me one of those furry seatcover things - it is literally, the cat's a$$...
                  Correction - you gotta make you one of those things. And please, make it out of a new rug. Not a used one you might find at a yard sale.

Laugh all you want. When we go riding one hot summer day and the bikes have been in the sun, you'll have the burning @ss.

I used to make these out of sheepskin, but this is much better (and cheaper). Incredibly more comfortable than your pants on hot vinyl.

Plus, the stock original seat lasts pretty much forever due to the protection from the sun's rays.

Look at the guys who do Iron Butt Rallies and such - they all sit on a towel, a sheepskin, etc. Sheepskin eventually gets hard like cardboard and towels move around. My invention is washable and fits the bike like OJ's glove should've fit his hand.

It breathes and so my butt never sweats from sitting on non-breathing vinyl on long drives.

Mock my handiwork all you like. You shall be forever doomed to suffer from an incurable and terminal case of monkey butt.
                  Last edited by Guest; 11-08-2008, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by highmileage View Post
                    Laugh all you want. When we go riding one hot summer day and the bikes have been in the sun, you'll have the burning @ss.

Mock my handiwork all you like. You shall be forever doomed to suffer from an incurable and terminal case of monkey butt.
                    I wasn't laughing - I think it's a very novel & practical idea...
                    '85 GS550L - SOLD
                    '85 GS550E - SOLD
                    '82 GS650GL - SOLD
                    '81 GS750L - SOLD
                    '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
                    '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
                    '82 GS1100G - SOLD
                    '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

I am the person who asked for your stats

I am not going to bash any GS ever but in my young opinion you should be looking for a 1980 to 1983 gs 1100e better riding stance for your size more sporty better handling and still in that same price range a gs 1150 is also a great bike you can buy all kind of parts for them still that is just my opinion thanks anthony

Comment

Working...
                      X