• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83e seat on an 82e

will it work?

i have an 82e
    i see an 83e seat on flebay
    its not in the best shape, but wanted to bring it to the apolstrier who has the building next to mine at work, and fab me up a diff seat

one with some rider cutouts instead of a flat bench

but if it wont work, IE slip right in, im not interested

so will it slip right in?
    2 latches line up?
    and the 1 lock line up?

Yes.

Tony.
    '82 GS1100E

Comment

thank ya

ill hold it against you if it doesnt haha

Comment

Well, now you've got me sweating.
        JK....both bikes are essentially the same (body-wise)....the seat, tank, side-covers etc will interchange without problems. www.bikebandit.com is a handy place to verify & compare part numbers, if you aren't sure.

Tony.
        '82 GS1100E

Comment

Same

They are the same part

Comment

Originally posted by GS1100ez View Post
            apolstrier

I had to Google this just to see if it might be a word.............Nope.
            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I currently have a seat from a 82 1100E on my 83 1100E. glad I have a spare, good seats for these are getting real hard to find.

Comment

I have THREE seats for my 83 E. One bone stock OEM jobby in killer shape, currently on the bike. Then i have one of those bucket style sport seats, which needs reupholstered, and then i have another OEM seat that has been recovered, poorly, which will also go to the upholsterer. Do i need them all? No. Not really. But maybe i will in the future, and if not, like ya said, they're nearly worth their weight in gold now...

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                  I had to Google this just to see if it might be a word.............Nope.

my word is so much better then upholsterer

glad to hear it will work tho

Comment

Originally posted by GS1100ez View Post
                    ... and fab me up a diff seat, one with some rider cutouts instead of a flat bench....
                    FWIW, I have both the stock seat, and a brand new Corbin, which I tried for maybe 50 miles, before taking it off. For me, I found the stock seat MUCH better than the Corbin, in terms of ergonomics, and freedom of movement on the bike. The bucket style of the Corbin pretty much will lock the rider into one position for the duration of your ride.....also, it places the rider at least 2 to 3 inches lower than stock, relative to the bars/pegs, so if you are 6' or taller, your 1100E will feel instantly 'cruise-ified' ( don't Google that, Bonanza) with your knees now higher than your butt. The Corbin does look great on the bike though, and the quality of material is pretty high (I did find it strange though, that they supply a $300 seat without any latches....expect you to take them off the stocker and bolt them onto the Corbin).

Tony.
                    '82 GS1100E

Comment

the one on my bike now is a mint original travelcade, I don't think they make them anymore. the spare that came off the bike originally is a pro recovered stock seat. both very comfy and good for mile after mile.

I need to get the seat on my SV redone or replaced as it was designed by someone who also designs medieval torture devices.

Comment

Working...
                      X