Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

79 GS 1000 VM Carb Boots

Will these fit?
    Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

thanks

They may fit. What size VM's are you fitting them to? Are you using the airbox or pods with them?
    Measure the mount centers. If you're running the stock airbox, check the length of the mounts. If they're longer than the GS ones, you'll have difficulty with clearance between the frame mounts and carbs.
    :) The road to hell is paved with good intentions......................................

GS 850GN JE 894 10.5-1 pistons, Barnett Clutch, C-W 4-1, B-B MPD Ignition, Progressive suspension, Sport Demons. Sold
    GS 850GT JE 1023 11-1 pistons. Sold
    GS1150ES3 stock, V&H 4-1. Sold
    GS1100GD, future resto project. Sold

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000001.jpg
    http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000581.jpg

Comment

Just did this on my 79 1000 engine with the VM's. They fit the carbs perfectly, and are a lot cheaper than the ones for the actual GS. All you need to do is make the mounting holes a little further to the outside by about 1 or 2 mm. I used a dremel for this. They don't have the O-rings for sealing to the head, which is a good thing I guess. Pick them up, it's a good deal. And a bonus is that you get the sync ports right on them! Can't beat that.

Comment

I'll order them now. thanks

Comment

I have them on mine, too. I used a drill to ream the holes out a bit and they fit fine. But check ebay first. I got mine for $35.00. Search under KZ1000 and KZ900. I think I bought mine from an ebay store.
          85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
          79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

A couple of pics of mine installed. On the Kawis, the synch ports face down, but you can flip them around like I did if you want.

85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
            79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Working...
            X