No announcement yet.

Found this on Craigslist.....stunned!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic case of someone who just won't listen to others who are sharing their experience.
    Old bikes can be abused and butchered by who knows how many others before it gets to you. You have to know what you're getting into. If you choose to cut corners and not listen, thinking there's some one magic fix, you're in trouble.
    Some people, like myself, have spent many hours trying to help others and sometimes guys like this come along and make you wonder why you bother.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

For every guy like that one on CL there are many more who value and sincerely appreciate this site and it's members who take the time to relay their experiences and help those of us new to riding and GS's.

Thank you to everyone on this site who have taken the time to help save my project and to all those who have helped each other keep not only the bikes but the dream of riding alive.

Comment

Originally posted by GQROD View Post
        For every guy like that one on CL there are many more who value and sincerely appreciate this site and it's members who take the time to relay their experiences and help those of us new to riding and GS's.

Thank you to everyone on this site who have taken the time to help save my project and to all those who have helped each other keep not only the bikes but the dream of riding alive.
        That was well said.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Thanks Keith I just didn't wan't one bad apple to ruin the generosity of the members on this site.

You are all great and a simple thank you cannot ever truly payback all the great advice and sincere help from the members here. But it is heart felt and hopefully shared by many.

Comment

Originally posted by GQROD View Post
            Thanks Keith I just didn't wan't one bad apple to ruin the generosity of the members on this site.

You are all great and a simple thank you cannot ever truly payback all the great advice and sincere help from the members here. But it is heart felt and hopefully shared by many.
            Helping each other. That's what this site is all about!

Comment

This site is actually the best forum that I have been on. I'm not saying this to suck up to the "old timers" on here or anything, I actually mean it. I have posted questions on here, and read questions that have been asked and asked and asked over and over and all I ever read for responses are helpful suggestions!

One of the Subaru forums that I'm part of, if you post anything even close to something that people have read before, they get all mad, and flame you telling you exactly where you and your question can go. Then someone will post to use the search button even if you posted that you couldn't find a correct answer after searching!

So just like some other people have said, THANK YOU! Especially a huge thank you to everyone for their patients will all of the noobie questions.

Comment

oh yeah....

and my bike doesn't seem to be running right. I just bought this really old gs850 and it's hard to start and even harder to keep running, but I haven't done anything to it yet. It's still the same gas that's been in it for the past 5 years while it sat too! Anyone know what the 20 min fix is????

[insert:severe sarcasm]

Comment

Some guys just won't take the time to figure out why their bike seems like a basket case.

Comment

Originally posted by mighty13d View Post
                    oh yeah....

and my bike doesn't seem to be running right. I just bought this really old gs850 and it's hard to start and even harder to keep running, but I haven't done anything to it yet. It's still the same gas that's been in it for the past 5 years while it sat too! Anyone know what the 20 min fix is????

[insert:severe sarcasm]
                    I'm partial to dynamite-lol, ( ahh smell the sarcasm-and yet some noob will no doubt read this and get upset. Bet if you post a subaru question here you would actually get a good answer and solve any subaru related problems too! )
                    Last edited by Guest; 11-11-2008, 03:32 AM.

Comment

CL for expert advice

What I like best is the part where he doesn't get the answer he wants here, so he goes to Craig's List for expert advice. Yeah...that's going to help.

Almost every motorcycle I ever bought from CL "Ran fine when parked...just needs new battery and carb kit."

Comment

Sounds like the info was given correctly. Carbs "can" be scary if it's your first time...in my opinion, they're one of the most FUN fixes to a bike. The instant difference is a GREAT reward!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
                          The instant difference is a GREAT reward!
                          Just remember that the "instant" might be several days long.

sigpic
                          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride
                          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

There are some folks from Philly who appreciate you guys!!

Due to this site, I've become obsessed with my bike(S) and suzuki GS's in general, the joy of motorcycling, and spending all my extra loot on something other than my girlfriend. WAY TO GO GUYS! Nothing better than hearing her sigh when I check the forums...one last time before bed... to see if someone posted a response to a thread about a baffle.

Now that I'm thinking of it, this site will have me single in no time. Think of all the money the 1100 will have.

Comment

Originally posted by maro View Post
                              There are some folks from Philly who appreciate you guys!!

Due to this site, I've become obsessed with my bike(S) and suzuki GS's in general, the joy of motorcycling, and spending all my extra loot on something other than my girlfriend. WAY TO GO GUYS! Nothing better than hearing her sigh when I check the forums...one last time before bed... to see if someone posted a response to a thread about a baffle.

Now that I'm thinking of it, this site will have me single in no time. Think of all the money the 1100 will have.
                              ...send your bikes to NH and then seek help immediately for your mental problems

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                                ...send your bikes to NH and then seek help immediately for your mental problems

better yet, keep them going all the way to Maine. I'll take care of them for you!!

Comment

Working...
                                X