Found this on Craigslist.....stunned!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a newbie

I just want to say that I think everyone hopes to buy a bike and ride off into the sunset, but as was pointed out, a 30y/o bike needs some attention. Fixing/rebuilding a bike needs motivation and some people don't have it, I've run into problems with that on other projects. Fortunately I am still going strong on this one and visiting this site with all the enthusiasts and plethora of a knowledge keep me going

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      Just remember that the "instant" might be several days long.

Or weeks in my case! About one week per carb (for me) usually get's er done righty-alrighty! But the YEARS of riding without the "problems" are pricelesssssssssss!

One thing about this site...if it's GS related, it's been done here...several times. Why argue with the teachers, unless they're wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by mighty13d View Post
        Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
        ...send your bikes to NH and then seek help immediately for your mental problems
        better yet, keep them going all the way to Maine. I'll take care of them for you!!
        An even better idea, just send them to me in the burbs and then you can even visit them when your therapist says you are able.

On a side note, the Craigslist poster did post things here back in September, but seemed to post the same question and never come back to a thread with the follow up answers and questions.

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

Comment

If he's trying to get to the bottom of the issue with this post made today, it seems a strange way to go about it.

Comment

I had several emails with Dave the poster of this. He seemed to ask the same thing several times and did not do his job correctly and does not want to spend any money if necessary. He was probing for an answer without really doing some trouble shooting. He was a customer of mine when I worked at a local bike shop. I offered to work on the bike at my home for a fee but he was not interested. Oh well. Now he bashes us on CL. What bullcrap.

Comment

You can lead a horse to water......

Comment

It seems by his prior posts that he did not even make a real effort systematicly to rule out or prove suggestions made by members to solve his problem.

It's one thing if you don't have skill or experience it's another thing if you are just cheap, lazy and want everything spoon fed to you like he did.

I'll admit not all the advice i have gotten has proven correct, but at least i made a sincere effort to try the advice given to me and prove or disprove respectfully; and with logical evidence what worked and what did not so others could take my experience and do better.

It's true about leading a horse to water but if the horse complains shoot it and put it out of our ( oops-lol ) it's misery!

Comment

Well, without being judgmental (who, me?), there are people who should be making monthly payments instead of turning wrenches. You don't need to know squat about mechanics to be able to ride a motorcycle, and perfectly reliable bikes roll off assembly lines every day.

Another option is to buy (maybe finance) a good used or professionally restored bike, which someone else has worked back to a reliable condition.

Now, if you can't hack the payments and still want a reliable bike, well, you can marry beyond your station, you can inherit or you can roll up your sleeves and DIY. None looks very likely, so I guess he needs either a job or a sugar mommy.
                  and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
                  __________________________________________________ ______________________
                  2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Originally posted by robertbarr View Post
                    ...so I guess he needs either a job or a sugar mommy.
                    I could use a sugar mommy

Maybe two...
                    '85 GS550L - SOLD
                    '85 GS550E - SOLD
                    '82 GS650GL - SOLD
                    '81 GS750L - SOLD
                    '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
                    '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
                    '82 GS1100G - SOLD
                    '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

this post has taken a seedy turn...

Comment

Originally posted by Don-lo View Post

this post has taken a seedy turn...
                        Thats probably a good thing...

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
                          You can lead a horse to water......
                          You have it backwards.

You can lead a horse to drink, but you can't make him water

Comment

Originally posted by Greg O. View Post

You can lead a horse to drink, but you can't make him water
                            Just shoot him, he's a crappy horse anyway.
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Hey just my late $.02 on this being a very helpful forum.

This forum is one of the reasons I bought a GS and the main reason it's gotten me to work and back for over a year.

Comment

I've been on this forum before, and the answers on my questions were most helpfull.
                                As far as i see it, don't ask for advise if you're not going to follow it in the first place!
                                Ed

Comment

Working...
                                X