Found this on Craigslist.....stunned!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Ed View Post
    I've been on this forum before, and the answers on my questions were most helpfull.
    As far as i see it, don't ask for advise if you're not going to follow it in the first place!
    Ed
    I think Mr. Ed's comment sums it up nicely... well put.
    '85 GS550L - SOLD
    '85 GS550E - SOLD
    '82 GS650GL - SOLD
    '81 GS750L - SOLD
    '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
    '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
    '82 GS1100G - SOLD
    '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

isn't half the fun of getting an old bike like these (some that have been sitting for years) getting it back into perfect working order? I personally find something incredibly gratifying of building something with my own two hands. Even if in this case it just happens to be re-building.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg O. View Post
        You have it backwards.

You can lead a horse to drink, but you can't make him water
        I thought it was you could DRIVE a horse to drink, but you cant drink a dead horse? Or was it you can drive a drunk horse but he wont lead the way to water? Or you can water a horse but not if you've been drinking? Or maybe it was You can drink a horses water, but only if it comes from the bucket and not the horse?? Ah hell...now im completely screwed up...

There have as of late been quite a few new members that seem to simply refuse to accept that they may actually have to WORK on the bike to get it running properly. I dunno if they think we're just yanking their chain for chits and giggles or what, but I remember MY first couple of posts on here, and yeah, i tried to get around a couple of things at first, but quickly realized it simply was far easier to do it the proper way to begin with... If they dont want to listen, screw em, thats just more GS's for us to buy this winter when they get tired of dumping money on it trying to circumvent a simple problem! No amount of paint and shine is gonna make it run any better...in the end, you've simply polished a turd...

Comment

I know of several who shall remain nameless that have no business trying to wrench. They take shortcuts like spraying pig snot as it was called on oil leaks instead of replacing an o-ring and that sort of thing. Between a good service manual and taking the advice found here they could save themselves and the people here alot of grief.

Comment

Originally posted by ericp View Post
            Searching for Gs's in the area, like I always do, I found this post. The person said the GS website is no help. Doesn't seem right. When I had my GS others on this site would stay with me until I got my problems fixed.
            Could it be that this person reached a dead end here? I just don't believe it...

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/wan/902471446.html

my god what an egregious douchebag he is that is ingratitude and ineptitude wearing a halo

Comment

dahh!
              Guess I didn't look at this close the 1st time around...thought it was just a CL "for sale" post from a guy who couldn't figure out his bike problems even with GSR help.
              OK, so he's just fishing for quick answers to his dilemma and dis'ing the GS forum to boot.
              Hey, I learned not to burn bridges...plus never take free advice from a forum like CL.
              OOOOOOKKKKKKKAAAAAYYYYYY, nnnnnoooooowwwww IIIIII ggggggeeeetttt iiiiittttttt..................

Now, whoever you are, come back to the fold, apologize and begin again with us nice people....even though we may have a gruff exterior, we're really sweet guys (and gals) inside...I think

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                ..even though we may have a gruff exterior, we're really sweet guys (and gals) inside...I think
                Some of us might be.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                  Some of us might be.
                  There's probably an element of good in even the worst of us, Eh Tom?

I must admit that my tolerance in recent months to some newbie questions has wained. What urkes most is the apparent lack of appreciation or worse, not getting feedback as to whether the suggested fix was accurate or not.

We tend to be a little harsh on some newbies too. When I think back to my teens and early 20's era, I certainly was one to cut corners to reach the goal. I few setbacks, and subsequent years of motorsport competition have taught me that methodical preparation is the key to reliability.

We are all trying to lead the new ones into this line of thinking to save them money and unnecessary heartache.

Perhaps we should offer a bike appraisal service before they spend their money in the first place!! Nah, that would take most of the mystry out of the purchase. Ah, the thrill of the chase!
                  The road to hell is paved with good intentions......................................

GS 850GN JE 894 10.5-1 pistons, Barnett Clutch, C-W 4-1, B-B MPD Ignition, Progressive suspension, Sport Demons. Sold
                  GS 850GT JE 1023 11-1 pistons. Sold
                  GS1150ES3 stock, V&H 4-1. Sold
                  GS1100GD, future resto project. Sold

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000001.jpg
                  http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000581.jpg

Comment

I'm not putting on an airbox Ian.
                    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                      I'm not putting on an airbox Ian.
                      As Grandpa said of me a few weeks back, "you're unteachable" Bill!!
                      The road to hell is paved with good intentions......................................

GS 850GN JE 894 10.5-1 pistons, Barnett Clutch, C-W 4-1, B-B MPD Ignition, Progressive suspension, Sport Demons. Sold
                      GS 850GT JE 1023 11-1 pistons. Sold
                      GS1150ES3 stock, V&H 4-1. Sold
                      GS1100GD, future resto project. Sold

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000001.jpg
                      http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000581.jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X