GS650 - Tire Sizes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS650 - Tire Sizes?

I am at work, and am looking for tires for my new (to me) GS650. I don't have the sizes in front of me, but does anyone know what sizes I can use on the front and rear?

I currently have a 130 90/17 on the rear that has what appears to be dry-rot, so I figured I better replace it. The front looks ok, but if I can find a deal on tires I might go ahead and replace it too.

Also, are there any alternates for either tire? As in wider for the rear?

If it's a 2.5" rim it is pretty much maxxed out already. A 2.5" rim usually has a 120/90 tire. One size up is the most you should try to get out of a wheel. Stick to stock profiles when you do that since you're already pinching the sidewalls more than you should with the wider tire. You just make the problem worse when you get lower profile tires.

Comment

You can get the stock tire sizes from Bike Bandit.

Comment

It must be me, but I can't find anything on BikeBandit about tire sizes. Which step do you tell it tires?

I feel like an idiot, but I couldn't find clutch cable info either.

Comment

I found these sizes on a spec sheet - note they're for European models:

~~~~~ FRONT TIRE REAR TIRE ~~~~~
          Size Size
          GS650 3.25-19 120/90-17
          GS650L 3.25-19 130/90-16
          GS650GT 3.25-19 110/90-18

The sizes on my 650 Katana are 100/90-19 (front) and 130/90-17 (rear) and I've never had any problems with the slightly wider rear. I've been using Avon AM20/21 for ages and found them great.

Comment

tires

Go to Bike Bandit; answer:OEM parts; answer:your year; answer:Suzuki; answer:your model. All the answers are pull downs. What you'll see then are all the areas for your bike. Tires will show up under wheels. If there is more than one choice for wheels, the part numbers take up more than one page.

Comment

Thanks Gary. I was only seeing Wheels, but not tires. Doh!

Comment

Working...
              X