Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1100 crank for a 750?

Dear anybody,
    I have an '82 GS750T 16V and was broken hearted to find that my motor is not a roller bearing crank/rod setup like the 8V 750's or the 16V 1100's. I have an opportunity to buy a roller bearing GS1100 crank, my question is, will this fit my motor? I know that I'll have to line bore the case to fit the big bearings and that's fine, but what about cylinder spacing? Can I make this crank fit with some machine work to the case?

NO! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Cafe750 View Post
      Dear anybody,
      I have an '82 GS750T 16V and was broken hearted to find that my motor is not a roller bearing crank/rod setup like the 8V 750's or the 16V 1100's. I have an opportunity to buy a roller bearing GS1100 crank, my question is, will this fit my motor? I know that I'll have to line bore the case to fit the big bearings and that's fine, but what about cylinder spacing? Can I make this crank fit with some machine work to the case?
      Why are you broken hearted?
      sigpic

SUZUKI:
      1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
      HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
      KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
      YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Cafe, these two engines are TOTALLY different animals. No way dude.

Comment

See my answer in your OTHER thread regarding this, but in short, even if it were possible, it would not solve any of the problems associated with that motor. That is not to say that the motor is a BAD design, many people have that motor, and have never had any issue with it, but there are quite a few people that have had issues crop up with them, that seem to stem from the oiling system, not the plain bearing crank. If the crank DOES fail, its because the oiling system failed first. Because it IS a plain bearing crank, it relies more heavily on oil pressure and flow than a roller bearing crank. If the oiling system fails somewhere, and the oil doesnt get there, of course the crank and bearings will fail. That is true of ANY motor however...

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
            See my answer in your OTHER thread regarding this, but in short, even if it were possible, it would not solve any of the problems associated with that motor. That is not to say that the motor is a BAD design, many people have that motor, and have never had any issue with it, but there are quite a few people that have had issues crop up with them, that seem to stem from the oiling system, not the plain bearing crank. If the crank DOES fail, its because the oiling system failed first. Because it IS a plain bearing crank, it relies more heavily on oil pressure and flow than a roller bearing crank. If the oiling system fails somewhere, and the oil doesnt get there, of course the crank and bearings will fail. That is true of ANY motor however...
            Maybe if he keeps asking the question, he'll finally get an answer he likes.
            sigpic

SUZUKI:
            1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
            HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
            KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
            YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Working...
            X