Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New bars and whats best to bring up old alum. cases to shine again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dremel

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
    Walmart has it, as well as some auto parts stores like Kragen.

There are many ways to get them to shine. But you must strip the clear first. I did like others and wet sanded progressively up to 2000 grit. Then I used a buffer (bought at Harbor Freight) in my drill and used Mother's aluminum polish to finish. I chose not to clearcoat anything, but I live far away from salt water and the humidity is very low here. The Mother's adds a bit of protection. I have only had to polish my stuff once. I just occasionally go over the parts by hand and that has kept up on the shine.

Would a Dremel tool with the proper pad work? or would that be to much power?

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
      Would a Dremel tool with the proper pad work? or would that be to much power?
      A dremel works well for the little nicks and crannies. But obviously only does a very small area at a time. I used a dremel on a few items like the cam chain tensioner, oil cooler adapter, etc.
      85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
      79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

I used alot of stuff, the best I found so far is for alum. make by Busch. I got it from Year One. Its not cheap but it is worth it.The alum will shine like your rear view mirrors.(after you remove the clear-coat)

Comment

more info?

Busch? Year One? is there a web site?

Comment

maybe its the shiny beer can---

Comment

Working...
            X