Motor mount bolts .... to what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motor mount bolts .... to what?

I was missing a motor mount bolt, so I ordered #3 and #4 from this fische.

What does the motor mount bolt....bolt to? The missing bolt is directly under the stator. I'm not with the bike right now, but, I don't think it goes into #2. I've been told that it goes into a trapeziod shaped threaded retaining washer that is recessed into the inside of the frame. If so, it's not shown on the fische. I ordered #4, but I was sent a regular lock washer. I thought I was getting the trapeziod one.

Thanks
    Larry D
    1980 GS450S
    1981 GS450S
    2003 Heritage Softtail

What you need is in the crankcase picture: #23, 25, 27, & 28. The teardrop nut is held in place until the bolt catches it.

Comment

Originally posted by Don-lo View Post
      What you need is in the crankcase picture: #23, 25, 27, & 28. The teardrop nut is held in place until the bolt catches it.

Well......that's a silly place to put 'em.

Thanks man, time to reorder. Cheap enough though.
      Larry D
      1980 GS450S
      1981 GS450S
      2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Larry, I've got at least three or four of the teardrop shaped engine mount "nuts" sitting in a box, along with a bunch of other engine mounting hardware. I just looked at them yesterday while tidying up in the garage.

Let me know!
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
          Larry, I've got at least three or four of the teardrop shaped engine mount "nuts" sitting in a box, along with a bunch of other engine mounting hardware. I just looked at them yesterday while tidying up in the garage.

Let me know!
          Thanks Brian,

Wait....you cleaned up the garage, how will you ever find anything ?!?!

I already ordered the motor mounts and teardrop nuts, washers, etc. Only $18.00, so, no big deal.

I did get my cam chain tensioner gasket, o-rings and oil seal, Along with the new steering stem bearings though.........

The cam chain tensioner has made a nice grungy oil mess over time and while I have the carbs out, figured might as well take care of it.

Now all I gotta do is try and get that stupid idle air screw tip outta that teeny tiny hole in #4 carb throat. It ain't gonna be fun.
          Larry D
          1980 GS450S
          1981 GS450S
          2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

There was a thread a couple weeks ago started by Hoomgar that went into removing the broken tips lodged in the carb throat. Do a search either by topic or by Hoomgar on the member's list. Complete with pictures!
            1979 GS 1000

Comment

Originally posted by jknappsax View Post
              There was a thread a couple weeks ago started by Hoomgar that went into removing the broken tips lodged in the carb throat. Do a search either by topic or by Hoomgar on the member's list. Complete with pictures!

Yeah, read that. It's the same principle, but the carbs are a different configuration. His was a straight shot. I have to get to the top of the carb throat for mine and it'll be at 90 degrees.

I'll get it though. I'm relentless and stubborn !! Inch by inch, anything's a cinch.

Thanks.
              Larry D
              1980 GS450S
              1981 GS450S
              2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Working...
              X