Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Hampshirehog for the info.

As my carbs appear standard but have larger jets then this -

Do you know if Mikuni made a 33mm VMSS (not smoothbore type) - i am now thinking these are not VM30SS's. The inlet ports in the head are around 33mm and the throat of the carb is 32/33mm depending how you measure them. The inlet side is about 50mm diameter.

Cheers.

Comment

The mains are #105.

thx

Comment

any good news, mate?
        GS850GT

Comment

Yes - I have replaced the base gasket as a precaution and mounted the refurbished 30mm carb head (ST) and 30mm VMSS carbs this week using a Vesrah kit.
          The Valve clearances were set up by the engine shop to suit my shims (about middle of the size range, includes some new ones i had). After torqueing down the head i rechecked the clearances - all 0.005" to 0.006" which is probably ideal given they may reduce slightly as the valves bed in and it was great to not have to dick around with shims at this stage.

Started the engine - started immediately and sounds good.Very little engine mechanical noise although wasnt allowed to get too hot.. Bit lean without any filters as improved on the choke.

Next step is to fit a suitable air box and filter housing for the larger carb flanges and have just located one locally so am going to use that (ex GSX1135EFE) very similar plenum and same filter housing. Has a K&N filter in it also - a bonus. Thought of pods but decided against based on others experiences and the advice of a Suzuki tech.

Once airbox on (tomorrow) hope to get out for a shake down ride and see if the jetting is OK.

I noticed Atomic are dismantling a (rough looking) GS850G if you are after parts.
          Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X