Mikuni BS32SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mikuni BS32SS

I have a leaking float valve on carburator #1. Also the carb is broken where the float pivot rod hole is located. The float still operates OK but the correct repair is to replace the carb.
    So I have been looking on e bay for used carbs model # Mikuni BS32SS. However everyone selling Mikuni carbs seems to know what bike they came from (550cc, 750cc, 850cc, etc) but not the model number of the carb. Can you tell me which other Suzuki GS models and years had the BS32SS carbs?
    If you can help me out in any way I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

81 gs550 t has the bs32ss as well as the 82 gs550 kat and l model
    78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
    82 Kat 1000 Project
    05 CRF450x
    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

John,

I'm about 99% sure you can take the BS carbs from the 550/650/750/850 - they should pretty much all be the 32mm carbs. Best thing to do is e-mail the e-bay sellers and make sure that the ID on the engine side of carbs is 32mm, and that the OD of the airbox side of the carbs is 53mm.
      Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
      "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
      1982 GS1100E
      1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

Another option would be to send your carb to http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com and have it repaired. They can repair the float pin

Comment

My 650 has the 32 carbs.

Comment

Carbs

What bike? If a set from an '85 GS700 will work (they are BS32SS) I've got a set from my parts bike.

Comment

John Do a search on carb floats I think in the Tech section.There is a couple of ways explained there on how to fix the pivot.

Comment

jets

As the other posts suggest...lots of bikes use the same carbs. However, the jetting is different on the different models.
                1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Working...
                X