Main jet Nozzle differences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Main jet Nozzle differences?

disasembled a bunch of CV carbs and noticed there is a difference in main jet nozzles? Some have a shroud and some don't? Do the shrouded ones go with the 16 valve and the unshrouded for an 8 valve or does it matter?

What kind of shroud? can you post a pic?

Main jets have a wide brim and the pilot jets don't have a brim.

Comment

Needle jet

the shroud is located on the top of the nozzle where the needle jet would go through. I will post some pics tommorrow.

Comment

I think he is referring to the needle jet itself which is what the main jet screws into from bottom and the needle is raised out of by the slide on top. This shroud stick up into the venturi area under the skirt of the slide. Carbs without the shroud are nearly flush on the bottom of the venturi throat.

I have seen the 550 carbs of mine had the raised shroud while my 650 didn't. Neither are 16v motors. I think it is just a different style of needle jet.

Comment

Weird?

The needle doesn't go all the way down with the shrouded nozzle? The shrouded nozzle is also smaller in diameter than the unshrouded. I have 4 sets of carbs apart. 1 set is off a 750 4 valve, 1 set of a 1100 4 valve and 2 sets of a 1000 2 valve. Just by process of elimiation I am thinking the shrouded is off the 4 valves? I will post a pic tommorrow to show the difference. It has to be there for a reason? The shroud covers half of the nozzle and point towards the air filter side.

Comment

Working...
          X