GS1150e design help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1150e design help

Well, I've given up on buying the ears to mount the original headlight. I looked on bikebandit and they only have one side, and the other part is no longer available. I didn't do a availability check so I don't know if the one listed with a price is still available. Every time someone on ebay has some they think they have a gold mine, but really want to give me the shaft. I need someone with an 1150e and some drafting experience to draw up some plans for the mounting ears so's I can make some. Or take one, (mounting ear) and lay it on a piece of paper and spray it with some spray paint and send the painted paper to me. Should give a reasonable facsimile of what I have to reproduce. I have access to a complete machine shop at work and I'm gonna give this my best shot. Also, does anybody know what kind of screws were used to mount the ears to the brackets on the forks? Hex, Phillips, etc.? Metric thread pitch and diameter? Length? Thanks in advance for the help. PM or email me for an address if sending painted paper.

Or alternatively if one of my fine GS bros can sell an extra one or pair they have feel free to shoot me off a PM or email. Wanna try to get Hammer Time on the road next spring.
    1981 GS750L (sold)
    1981 GS750L (current)
    1978 Yamaha RD400 (RD = Race Development)
    1981 Honda CT70 (86+ MPG at WOT most of the time)
    1983 GS1100GL (needs work: update, gone to a new home)
    1956 Simplex (with a TS250 motor)
    1985 GS1150E (Hammer Time!!)
    1998 1200 Bandit (Rattler)
    1980 GS1100L (Janice)
    Do I continue?

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Col Jeff Cooper
    e tan, e epi tan

Do a search & find GregB on here. He is a machinist that owns 1150s & is a friend of mine. I have seen his work & it is AWESOME! He has made me cam chain tensioners & top end oilers & they are NICE! He also has brackets to mount 4 piston Nissin GSXR calipers on the stock forks with stock rotors & they are located CORRECTLY! Ray.

Comment

Will these do??

Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
      2000 Kawasaki Concours
      Please wear ATGATT

Comment

1150 E Headlight mount assys?

Hey there. I feel your pain and I have what you want. They are complete, all you need is a set of forks and a headlight ( which I also have with new bucket and lens retaining parts, a complete headlight ) You have already indicated how hard it is to find 1150E mounts. So, that being established, what DO you want to pay. I have a set of these things that I am willing to let go of straight on before I list them on E-Bay. They will have new rubber goodies on them for the fork legs ( which are also no longer available I believe.
        So, before you go out and spend $200.00 on machine shop services, shoot me an e-mail and nave a price fair to both parties. O-tay?
        streetfighters55@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by streetfighters View Post
          Hey there. I feel your pain and I have what you want. They are complete, all you need is a set of forks and a headlight ( which I also have with new bucket and lens retaining parts, a complete headlight ) You have already indicated how hard it is to find 1150E mounts. So, that being established, what DO you want to pay. I have a set of these things that I am willing to let go of straight on before I list them on E-Bay. They will have new rubber goodies on them for the fork legs ( which are also no longer available I believe.
          So, before you go out and spend $200.00 on machine shop services, shoot me an e-mail and nave a price fair to both parties. O-tay?
          streetfighters55@yahoo.com
          Way to go streetfighters.
          Just another example why the GSR rocks.
          Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
          2000 Kawasaki Concours
          Please wear ATGATT

Comment

They'll do,

Ya, already have a bid on them.
            1981 GS750L (sold)
            1981 GS750L (current)
            1978 Yamaha RD400 (RD = Race Development)
            1981 Honda CT70 (86+ MPG at WOT most of the time)
            1983 GS1100GL (needs work: update, gone to a new home)
            1956 Simplex (with a TS250 motor)
            1985 GS1150E (Hammer Time!!)
            1998 1200 Bandit (Rattler)
            1980 GS1100L (Janice)
            Do I continue?

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Col Jeff Cooper
            e tan, e epi tan

Comment

Working...
            X