GS1100E Front master cylinder options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100E Front master cylinder options

On my 1982 GS1100E, the F. master cylinder/tub is shot, leaks and is stripped, anyone know of any other Suzuki's that share the same type of master cylinder--that would be a bolt-on/bleed/ and ready to go. I hear the pressure may be different in certain models therefore it requires some research. So I'm researching

I have one that I just rebuilt with an OEM kit and painted that is in perfect working condition. The paint job ain't the best but it's all black! I'll take $50 for it. It's from my 83 1100ed that I'm putting GSXR running gear on. I also have rebuilt painted calipers...

Josh

Comment

93 gsxr

Originally posted by cromwell1234 View Post
      On my 1982 GS1100E, the F. master cylinder/tub is shot, leaks and is stripped, anyone know of any other Suzuki's that share the same type of master cylinder--that would be a bolt-on/bleed/ and ready to go. I hear the pressure may be different in certain models therefore it requires some research. So I'm researching
      The 93 GSXR 1100 bolts up to the front of the existing GS clamp

Correction on this..the pic shows the complete 93 GSXR master without the mirror post....I have since swapped out the smaller clamp with the GS mirror mount. The screw heads are a different size but the bolt thread is the same.
      Last edited by Guest; 11-14-2008, 11:51 PM.

Comment

You can get a BRAND NEW (not NOS) replacement for that bike on Ebay, for about 79 bucks plus shipping, less if you bid on one of his auctions (the guy has them on their all the time) They are NICE, and do away with that silly Suzuki "slider" contact for the rear lamp with some simple connections and a hydrolic switch. Actually much NICER than OEM in my opinion, but not exactly STOCK....

Comment

I actually use & LOVE the late model GSXR masters with the remote reservoirs! They work PERFECTLY & can be gotten off ebay for 50 bucks or LESS! Ray.

Comment

Jwhelan---thanks for the pic,that is the route I want to go,I like the looks of the 93 GSXR 1100 master , did you have any trouble with brake pressure and the light switch connection or was it a bolt on job, I assume its at a slant because the 93 GSXR 1100 handle bars have a different pitch??

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
              I actually use & LOVE the late model GSXR masters with the remote reservoirs! They work PERFECTLY & can be gotten off ebay for 50 bucks or LESS! Ray.
              Same here. The nice part is they have adjustment for where the lever starts doing its thing on the piston.

Comment

What year GSXRes are we talking?
                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                  What year GSXRes are we talking?
                  Pretty much any year that uses the remote reservoir. Just check Ebay for the pictures of them.

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman
                    One thing we need to clarify is "can you use the mirror mount which is the back half for GS1100 Master Cylinder Mounting Bracket with the front half bracket mount that is part of the replacement master cylinder.

You can with the 93-95 GSXR1100. Someone else will have to speak up about the newer remote GSXR as to whether they are compatible with the stock GS mirror bracket (back half).

If your not using stock mirrors then disregard my concern. If your are then you need to answer this question.
                    I'm using bar end mirrors. I can't recall what year model my assmbly came from, but there is no provision to mount the mirror on the assembly.

Comment

Never get tired of seeing that bike.

Originally posted by isleoman

Quick pic of a 95 GSXR1100 master cylinder with GS1100 mirror bracket

Comment

front master

Originally posted by cromwell1234 View Post
                        Jwhelan---thanks for the pic,that is the route I want to go,I like the looks of the 93 GSXR 1100 master , did you have any trouble with brake pressure and the light switch connection or was it a bolt on job, I assume its at a slant because the 93 GSXR 1100 handle bars have a different pitch??
                        I am using a complete 93 GSXR 1100 front end on a conversion, so I am not certain of the brake pressure. As far as the light connection you will need the GSXR cable, the connector on the 93gsxr is a two pronge, the GS uses the the bare wire phillip screw clamps.

Comment

[quote=jwhelan65;918332]The 93 GSXR 1100 bolts up to the front of the existing GS clamp

Correction on this..the pic shows the complete 93 GSXR master without the mirror post....I have since swapped out the smaller clamp with the GS mirror mount. The screw heads are a different size but the bolt thread is the same. They mount perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                          X