Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GS 425L Exhaust (yes, i know it only has 2 cylinders!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 425L Exhaust (yes, i know it only has 2 cylinders!)

Okay, I realize that the vast majority of you are into the 4 cylinder GS's, and I don't blame you a bit. Nice bikes. But I just happen to be the owner of a puny little 2 banger. I have done some searching for an exhaust system/slip-ons or whatever, with very little success. Does anyone know if GS450 exhaust will fit on the 425? If so, I have found some exhaust to use, but would like a few opinions on the matter. Thanks in advance for your assistance. Gearhead.

If they wont fit I may be interested in the 450 exaust

Comment

Re: GS 425L Exhaust (yes, i know it only has 2 cylinders!)

Originally posted by gearheadmn
      Okay, I realize that the vast majority of you are into the 4 cylinder GS's, and I don't blame you a bit. Nice bikes. But I just happen to be the owner of a puny little 2 banger. I have done some searching for an exhaust system/slip-ons or whatever, with very little success. Does anyone know if GS450 exhaust will fit on the 425? If so, I have found some exhaust to use, but would like a few opinions on the matter. Thanks in advance for your assistance. Gearhead.
      The MAC USA website used to list a 2 into 1 pipe for both the 425 and 450. Funny enough it had the same part number. I'm guessing that they're interchangable. I say used to list, because I checked back recently and they didn't have suzuki bike parts at all. I dunno if this was a glitch when they updated they're page, or they're gettting out of the motorcycle exhaust business.

PS: I think two cylinders is just the right number - see my sig for details.

Comment

Hey there, I am also riding the famed 79 425...and yes MAC only list one exhaust for the 425 and the 450 because the aftermarket one has a more universal mount...the 425 uses a different rear mounting point than the 450...In fact I just insalled my MAC 2-1 today...I got it from dennis kirk for 194.00 shipped...sound great over the stocker...especially with pod filters...I will have pics available tomorrow if you would like them, by the way I am building this bike to be a cafe racer style...please ask if you have more questions...thanks, Chris.

Comment

did you have to re jet

Comment

exhaust

You probably should check EBAY, I think I've seen some systems on there recently.

Comment

Thanks for the input people. I guess that since Dennis Kirk is only a 100 miles away, I should check them out. Chris - I'm guessing that by going to the cafe racer style, the pipe you got is "modern road racer/cafe racer" style? Although I don't mind that sound or look, I am currently planning on keeping the cruiser styling due to economics, if for no other reason. Your project does sound appealing, though, and fun to ride.

Comment

Well as far as looks, it does have a mean apearance to it... one quick note to anyone trying the MAC exhaust, leave the baffle in, its crazy loud without it, as I guessed but I had to try...and yes I do need to rejet, I am having some trouble finding a jet kit though, if I cant find anything soon I will bring it to the shop and have someone play with it...Midwest Action Cycle is about 10 miles down the road from my house so I am not all too worried...but with baffle in and the pods it does sound good...and in all reality its not a bad price although its $194.00 more than I paid for the bike in the first place...

Comment

I was able to buy new jets from the local dealer a year ago, though I don't remember just how spendy they were. It wasn't too big of a deal for me, as I only had to move up one step. I suppose you might be in for a little more experimentation than that.

Comment

Working...
                  X