Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re-assembling the petcock

Hi all,

I am in the process of re-assembling the petcock on my 81 GS850G and I need to know how the square gray plastic piece that is in between the diaphram goes in relation to the body of the petcock. There is a small hole in this plastic piece, where does that line up with?

Thanks,
    Scott

First, please read what you wrote. It makes no sense!

Second, I took pictures of my petcock as I disassembled it, and there was no square gray piece. (also 1982 GS850G)
    sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

from memory... (may be wrong) - there is a small hole in the alu body that should line up with a hole in that piece
      GS850GT

Comment

I have a petcock from an 850 and I took it apart to see what you were talking about. It's in front of me right now. I see the body of the petcock with 4 screws holding on the cover. Take those out and you have a spring and a diaphragm. It's one piece. Maybe you've taken something off the diaphragm that should be a part of it. Or maybe you're looking at something else> An aftermarket petcock maybe from a PO. Got a Pic?

Comment

pre '82 fuel taps on 850 indeed have a square gray plastic part!
          GS850GT

Comment

Working...
          X