83 GS550E <HELP PLEASE>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 GS550E <HELP PLEASE>

O.k....I need 2 things and hopefully you kind people will help me out yet again

I need a Wire and Vacuum Diagram for this bike, im afraid while i was working on this i Haven't hooked something up right, th epoor bike will NOT idle to save it's life, first she didnt start, I got a new set of plugs and she fired up, but keeps stallin gout, will run for 3 seconds and stalls, start it back up, runs for 2 sec, stalls, start runs for 5 sec, stalls..ect

so PLEASE PLEASE. if you have these diagrams. they would be greatly apreteated as i would love to get the bike out this weekend.

If posting them isn't an option, you can Email them to me at Jason_Rittner@mapinfo.com

Thanks in advanced

*EDIT* BTW: when i try to use the throdle, and gas it, it chokes out, when it does stay runnin gfor a few seconds, it stalls the second it gets alittle more

really sounds like your carbs are varnished up, clogged jets and such, you may want to read up on the carb-cleaning and rebuilding threads

Comment

Yeah, I agree. If it runs for a few seconds each time it sounds like fuel starvation. Start by checking out the fuel tap, then change the fuel filter.If it still won't run, strip the carbs.

Comment

Sorry, just read your post again properly. Did you hook up the vacuum line?

Comment

Originally posted by Guy
          i have one on the tank, one from each carb...2 total going to the air box, but the one on the top Valve cover, i have no idea where it goes

Khyron

Comment

The large hose (5/8" O.D.) coming from the center of the valve cover is a breather hose and connects to the an outlet on the top center forward section of your airbox. The vacuum line from #3 carb goes to the petcock. All other vacuum lines go to atomsphere and are routed over the airbox and into a hold down clip on the top right rear side of the airbox.
            The fuel line runs from the Tee between carbs 2 and 3 to the petcock.

Earl

Originally posted by SyN_Khyron
            Originally posted by Guy
            i have one on the tank, one from each carb...2 total going to the air box, but the one on the top Valve cover, i have no idea where it goes

Khyron
            Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
              The large hose (5/8" O.D.) coming from the center of the valve cover is a breather hose and connects to the an outlet on the top center forward section of your airbox. The vacuum line from #3 carb goes to the petcock. All other vacuum lines go to atomsphere and are routed over the airbox and into a hold down clip on the top right rear side of the airbox.
              The fuel line runs from the Tee between carbs 2 and 3 to the petcock.

Earl
              i looked at the bike, i only have 2 carbs, and there is not center connection for the air box, its a 83 GS550E, 2 carbs, and only 2 connetions on the air box.

The Bike ran without flaw before i took the motor out, MY bad, so it has to be just something not conneted right, I think i'm just going to have to go out and buy the manual, <if i can hunty one down> all i think i need is the vacuum and wire layout, thats why i was asking for those but thanks for the attempt, i do apreteate it.

Khyron

Comment

I remember emailing with someone (about six months ago??? :roll: ) who had an 83 GS550 carb question. I replied to his/her question, and he/she told me his/her GS550 had only 2 carbs.... It almost looks like there are GS550's with only two carbs out there, so perhaps even 2 cylinders?

Any opinions?

Comment

My impression is that they have four cylinders, but the induction tubes are combined so as to require only two carbs. I've never seen one.

Earl

Originally posted by jojo
                  I remember emailing with someone (about six months ago??? :roll: ) who had an 83 GS550 carb question. I replied to his/her question, and he/she told me his/her GS550 had only 2 carbs.... It almost looks like there are GS550's with only two carbs out there, so perhaps even 2 cylinders?

Any opinions?
                  Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

carbs

Yes, only two carbs. An odd two throat unit. The bikes are four cylinders.

Comment

Hello,

I agree with Gary My 1983 GS550L only has 2 carbs and has 4 valves per cylinder and 4 cylinders. 16 Valves.

I do have a electrical schematic fro you Khyron. If I can help let me know. I can go and visualy check my bike and tell you how the lines are run.

Gavin

Comment

Originally posted by Shafer
                        Hello,

I agree with Gary My 1983 GS550L only has 2 carbs and has 4 valves per cylinder and 4 cylinders. 16 Valves.

I do have a electrical schematic fro you Khyron. If I can help let me know. I can go and visualy check my bike and tell you how the lines are run.

Gavin
                        that would ROCK!!! americade is next weekend and i wanna get her going, some nice digitals would be great, of just a paint pic

thanks a million

my email is jason_rittner@mapinfo.com and khyron@nycap.rr.com

P.S. i cant find the manual anywhere , so i may have to order it only, i HATE doing that!

Comment

Working...
                        X