No announcement yet.

Dealer says use marine stab-bil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sea Foam also stabilizes gasoline, in addition to its carb-cleaning properties....I usually add some to my Stabil-treated tank and run a while, to get it into the carbs. Usually don't even bother to drain the carbs for winter, with this concoction. It fires up without any fuss, after leaving it on 'Prime' for a couple minutes, come spring.
    BTW, I wasn't aware Canadian gas was any better/different....most pumps display a sticker saying the gas may contain upto 10% ethanol .
    Tony.
    '82 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by Mysuzyq View Post
      BTW, I wasn't aware Canadian gas was any better/different....most pumps display a sticker saying the gas may contain upto 10% ethanol .
      Tony.
      "Premium" and "Ultra" is usually displayed as not having any ethanol. "Regular" contains up to 10%.

I used a liberal amount of seafoam in my tanks. Stored in a dry, climate controlled heated shop, never to be run until after spring rains. Change the oil (old oil turns acidic) and pull the battery to put on the tender. Works well for me.

In the past, my dad has just parked his bikes in a shed and done nothing but pull the battery. Some years he's had quite a bit of work to get them going.

Last year all I had to do was put the petcock to prime and hit the starter. Took a little longer than usual, but had to pull gas into the carbs. I've got my dad doing things properly now.

Comment

Thanks for the info, Rudy.....I always use 'Regular', but I guess Premium would have been a better choice for storage. I too change the oil and filter before putting it away....used to pull the battery too, but last winter I left the Yuasa AGM in the bike all winter, hooked up to the tender via the pigtail connector (in the garage, but no climate control!)....figured I would try it, since the AGM's in our cages last just fine outside for 4 to 5 years without any special care. Well, no problems....bike fired up just fine, and the battery is 3 years old now. I didn't pull it this year either.
        Tony.
        '82 GS1100E

Comment

Working...
        X