Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Necessary???

Originally posted by woodman View Post
    George from WG Carbs said to push some tape in the hole & fill it with JB Weld, all it does is block vacuum off and is covered up by the float bowl & gasket. I was going to do this until Chris helped me out. You could buy another set of carbs cheaper then you could get someone to take the time to program a CNC machine to make them. Plus most places with them are running wide open all the time, at least around
    here
    I wondered about that. I went out and took a good look at my spare set and it doesn't look to me like carbs would work any differently if they weren't even there. After all, the gasket completely covers it and the float bowls hold the gasket tightly in place.
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

I rebuilt a set of carbs for a guy from NY and a mechanic had drilled this plug confusing it with the idle mixture screw cap. What a hack. JB Weld did fix this problem.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

George @ WG Carbs said all it does is create a giant vacuum leak. The way it seals against the bowl it seems like that it would be covered up but hes the man on Kawasaki & Suzuki carbs. Ive always gotten real good advise from him and he does beautiful work

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
          I rebuilt a set of carbs for a guy from NY and a mechanic had drilled this plug confusing it with the idle mixture screw cap. What a hack. JB Weld did fix this problem.

thats not where the air/fuel mixure screw is??
          OOOPS

KIDDING!!!!!!!!
          thats a first for me hearing that story...WOW

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
            thats not where the air/fuel mixure screw is??
            OOOPS

KIDDING!!!!!!!!
            thats a first for me hearing that story...WOW
            The guy tried to put a Dynojet kit in an 83 1100. Drilled the wrong side of the carb and ruined the slides by drilling them straight through instead of at an angle.
            I got the bike running good with a little help from the JB. Even filled the slides and redrilled them.
            Double hack!
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

JB Weld is good stuff but it dont hold up long with gas

Comment

Working...
              X