Gaskets for GS 700ES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaskets for GS 700ES

Looking for the bottom end gasket kit for an 85 GS 700ES...anyone have a source they use?

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
    Looking for the bottom end gasket kit for an 85 GS 700ES...anyone have a source they use?
    I picked up a complete overhaul set on Ebay a couple of years ago. May not be the way you want to go but if you keep and eye out they turn up every now and then.

Comment

Vesrah makes an entire set, without oil seals.

Comment

Buy Suzuki from
        Find OEM motorcycle and ATV parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, and Polaris.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

gaskets

Originally posted by dirtyfingers View Post
          Vesrah makes an entire set, without oil seals.
          Good Grief! they are expensive!!

I only need the the lower engine covers, stator, crank, etc

jw

Comment

jwhelan65............if you're looking for just the lower crankcase gaskets such as the stator and clutch covers you could make your own quite easily.
            Get yourself some gasket paper from an auto parts store outlet and go to it.
            In fact, if you really want to go cheap cheap cheap you can even use a cereal box cardboard (or similar)for gasket material. You may want to use just a touch of sealant for insurance if you go that route........but it will work just as well in a pinch.

Comment

Originally posted by jetta90 View Post
              jwhelan65............if you're looking for just the lower crankcase gaskets such as the stator and clutch covers you could make your own quite easily.
              Get yourself some gasket paper from an auto parts store outlet and go to it.
              In fact, if you really want to go cheap cheap cheap you can even use a cereal box cardboard (or similar)for gasket material. You may want to use just a touch of sealant for insurance if you go that route........but it will work just as well in a pinch.
              I made a stator cover gasket for my 850 because I didn't want to wait on the dealer. Took me all of 15 minuets. It helps if you have the old gasket as a pattern. Trace it out and then cut out the gasket with some scissors. To cut the bolt holes, use a hand held paper hole punch. Very simple.
              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by jetta90 View Post
                That used to be the case with cheap gasket sets made in Vietnam, China etc. Always worth looking at what those guys have for breakfast
                79 GS1000S
                79 GS1000S (another one)
                80 GSX750
                80 GS550
                80 CB650 cafe racer
                75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Ive used the cork gasket material that Autozone and various other auto parts places sell. Comes in a roll, and isnt all that expensive. Ive even made a valve cover gasket using only the cover itself for a template. A little time consuming and tedious, but it has worked like a charm, not a leak yet. Ive had pretty good luck with various gaskets ive made, some have worked even better than the Vesrah supplied ones!

Comment

Working...
                  X