650GL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

650GL

What is the main difference between a 1981 GS650G and 650GL? I see someone asked this about another bike, but I am not sure this applies to all GS models. Specifically, is there any difference in the frame and mounting points for things like engine case guards or highway bars? I had picked up a set of engine guards off e-Bay and they just don't seem to fit.

the 'L' frame is different than the 'G' or 'E' base model, so some things may not fit

Comment

I understand that the L is a shaftie and the rear frame members would be different, but I would have thought that maybe the front downtubes and tubes under under would be the same.

Comment

Hi VStan,

Just wanted to let you know, both of the models, GS650G and GS650GL are shafties, that's what the "G" denotes. As far as the actual frame, I don't know if they're the same or not. Some people say they are, others say they aren't.

Instead of repeating a bunch of what was already said on this issue, you can best read for yourself........go to the GL vs G thread here in the same forum. There you can find out just about everything you need, as well as see some of the pictures that were posted.

Hope this helps you out.
        Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
        "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
        1982 GS1100E
        1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

Working...
        X