Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternative gauges (GSX750ESD) Need help/will pay!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternative gauges (GSX750ESD) Need help/will pay!

To cut a semi-long story (http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...pic.php?t=9772) short I'm in need of some new gauges.

A local salvaged bike parts supplier wants roughly $850 for a complete set of gauges (plus two mirrors and a turn signal) for my bike, an '83 750ES. Since this is quite a lot of money to spend on a 20yr old bike I'm looking for some other replacements.

I think the fuel level indicator is fixable if I make a new housing for it, likewise with the gear indicator. I think the oil temp indicator is a goner though.

What I need is a speedomenter and a tachometer, as they are completely destroyed.

Motorcycle section at JCWhitney:

These looked nice, and were very cheap - but it seems like the tach is mechanic - and that's no good for me.

The next two tach's were found in the automotive section.

I liked the detachable and adjustable shift light on this one. The 5" would look a bit big on my bike though - the 3 1/2" is perfect.

If my bike had been a different color then the blue electro-luminescent tach would've been cool. White or red is good for my current colors though.

Does anyone have any input on using aftermarket gauges on GS's ?

I'm currently retrofitting my 83 ES with a set of 88 GSXR 1100 guages from ebay for $60! I have to make my own harness with some molex connectors from Radio Shack, and fabricate a mounting bracket. Everything runs properly and the speedo should work fine as well. I haven't tested the speedo yet but it looks okay..

-B

Comment

That's what I'd want to do as well, but I'm having trouble finding any complete set of gauges at less than insane prices over here.

Comment

Don't know if you can use these or not but they are at a good price.

Gerry

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry
          Don't know if you can use these or not but they are at a good price.

Gerry
          Looks like just the thing I need - The 1100/1150 uses the same signaling as the 750. And has a mechanically driven speedometer.

The only problem with that is that the seller only ships to the US and Canada. If somebody wants to bid on them and ship them to me, I'll pay extra for the service. Used gauges for my bike would cost me $700+ here

Update:
          Found a set of gauges in excellent condition, I'm willing to pay $100 for them - if somebody wants to help me get them over here I'll pay extra for the effort.

As for the mph vs. km/h problem I think I can solve that with parts from a local dealer.

Comment

Looks like just the thing I need - The 1100/1150 uses the same signaling as the 750. And has a mechanically driven speedometer.
            If you still want it you can contact the seller and he might ship it to you. This has worked for me in the past.

Gerry

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry
              If you still want it you can contact the seller and he might ship it to you. This has worked for me in the past.
              Worth a shot - I'll drop him an e-mail

Comment

Working...
              X